Jump to content
Crazyjack

Mymovies not working since upgrade.

Recommended Posts

I recently upgraded to 3.1.0 for the Neeo remote and now mymovies is not working.  Currently when I select a movie from the OSD instead of switching to my Dune, It switches back to the OSD screen (with on control unless I press the 4 button.)  I can then press the 4 button and select Dune under "watch" and the movie can be watched.  I'm using videostorm netplay as my video distribution and Coverme driver.  All other video sources switch fine. Nas is online, Coverme is connected to Nas.  Any thoughts?  Dealer perplexed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Known issue. I believe it was being worked on but there wasn't an ETA on a fix.

You might be able to get it to work by selecting the Dune as a source after selecting the movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having limited knowledge of the details, I suspect it's a difficult fix because it's due to how pathing works (and was updated in 3.0) making it a rather 'buried' issue. Both to find out the why, and how to actually fix it (without breaking something else.

 

Should note that it's not specifically an issue with Dune players, nor with the MyMovies Database driver AFAIK - but that's just the most common combination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Having limited knowledge of the details, I suspect it's a difficult fix because it's due to how pathing works (and was updated in 3.0) making it a rather 'buried' issue. Both to find out the why, and how to actually fix it (without breaking something else.

 

Should note that it's not specifically an issue with Dune players, nor with the MyMovies Database driver AFAIK - but that's just the most common combination.

Yeah, I get that. I'm also frustrated by the fact that the MyMovies Collection Management doesn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MyMovies collection management driver loses connection with the server anytime director restarts. It will sync with the server and update C4 Movies listings until a restart or power cycle of the main controller.

The only way to fix it to sync again is to “Rebuild” the database through the c4 driver. With a almost a couple thousand iso files, that takes a while to do.

I’m about to make the upgrade to OS3, so hopefully that fixes it.

Anybody else with this? I also have the “timeout” issue on some titles, but can get around that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bbassinger said:

MyMovies collection management driver loses connection with the server anytime director restarts. It will sync with the server and update C4 Movies listings until a restart or power cycle of the main controller.

The only way to fix it to sync again is to “Rebuild” the database through the c4 driver. With a almost a couple thousand iso files, that takes a while to do.

I’m about to make the upgrade to OS3, so hopefully that fixes it.

Anybody else with this? I also have the “timeout” issue on some titles, but can get around that.

MyMovies collection management won’t for me AT ALL right now. My family is without movies (and quite frustrated) because of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bbassinger said:

MyMovies collection management driver loses connection with the server anytime director restarts. It will sync with the server and update C4 Movies listings until a restart or power cycle of the main controller.

The only way to fix it to sync again is to “Rebuild” the database through the c4 driver. With a almost a couple thousand iso files, that takes a while to do.

I’m about to make the upgrade to OS3, so hopefully that fixes it.

Anybody else with this? I also have the “timeout” issue on some titles, but can get around that.

How do you get round the time out? Or do you simply delete the offending files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To get past the timeout, I just remove the title from mymovies. No need to delete the actual movie file. I’ll change the title source and data inside mymovies to a different version of the title or sometimes add the title back in manually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
For me it just simply doesn’t work. Doesn’t even  start to work. 


Does it show it is connected to your mymovies server?

One time a long time ago, I had to delete the virtual storage drive and create a new one. After doing that, the driver was able connect again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bbassinger said:

 


Does it show it is connected to your mymovies server?

One time a long time ago, I had to delete the virtual storage drive and create a new one. After doing that, the driver was able connect again.

 

The driver finds the server and all that. I have a thread on here about it and nobody seems to have anything to say about it. If I could call support I would, but...I can’t and haven’t decided it’s worth paying someone $200 to call support and sit on hold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

There is no reason to call it's an open defect as has been said. C4 is aware of it and working on it

I’m talking about the MyMovies COLLECTION MANAGEMENT driver. Different than the default included “My Movies” driver which has been bugged for a while. This is a completely separate issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’m talking about the MyMovies COLLECTION MANAGEMENT driver. Different than the default included “My Movies” driver which has been bugged for a while. This is a completely separate issue. 
No. That is the issue. It's with my movies collection management driver. It's a documented defect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, msgreenf said:
2 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:
I’m talking about the MyMovies COLLECTION MANAGEMENT driver. Different than the default included “My Movies” driver which has been bugged for a while. This is a completely separate issue. 

No. That is the issue. It's with my movies collection management driver. It's a documented defect

Ah, well thank you! I know there’s an issue with movies being selected and it switching to Digital Audio as the source. That’s what everyone seems to be talking about with the known defect. 
 

Thanks for clarifying that this too is a known defect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 11:06 PM, bbassinger said:

To get past the timeout, I just remove the title from mymovies. No need to delete the actual movie file. I’ll change the title source and data inside mymovies to a different version of the title or sometimes add the title back in manually.

That’s what I used to do but it was too much of a PIA so I moved to Infuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

That’s what I used to do but it was too much of a PIA so I moved to Infuse.

Tell me about this and how you use it, if you don’t mind. My kids want their movies back. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...