C4 Forums | Control4

FS: NEEO Remote (Black)

ejn1

4 hours ago, C4Jedi said:

That's the second remote in about a week and a half... they must not be very good.... :(

I don't think this is an accurate assessment.

I think more accurate would be that there are certainly some people who don't find this remote ideal for one reason or another.

There is also a group for which this remote hits the target dead center.

RyanE

I like my NEEO so far.  I would love it, however, if it had backlighting on the hard buttons.  I have a dedicated basement theater that is totally blacked out, and it's been a little challenging to control the hard buttons in the dark.  It's been getting better after some muscle memory, though.

4 hours ago, RyanE said:

I don't think this is an accurate assessment.

I think more accurate would be that there are certainly some people who don't find this remote ideal for one reason or another.

There is also a group for which this remote hits the target dead center.

RyanE

Yikes, a niche product limited to an even smaller number of users (OS3).  

No remote backlighting is a huge mistake.  I don’t think there has ever been a C4 remote without backlighting and I’m sure C4 wouldn’t design one without it.  However C4 made the decision to sell the Neeo remote “as is” due to the ease to get to market with the existing design.  There is a reason the original Neeo didn’t succeed and needed to be acquired and it was only partially due to their software.  

Many users would overlook these issues if the remote was sold at its original Kickstarter price, however the current price assumes a flawless execution on design.

17 minutes ago, Nupe1911 said:

The other issue is the lack of a shortcut for "Guide" and "Previous Channel"...unless I am missing something.

If you mean there isn't a 'soft button' for those buttons, you're missing something.

When you're controlling an AV source, an image of the source shows up on the main screen.  When you tap that source, it brings up 3 source control pages, which you can swipe between.  Typically, they would be the 'named' buttons (which would include GUIDE / PREV / PG + / PG - like you were asking), the 'transport' buttons, which include PLAY/STOP/PAUSE/ETC., and the numeric keypad.  You can swipe left and right for those control pages.

The control pages are based on the proxy of the device you're controlling, so it will show the applicable soft buttons for the current device.

RyanE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.