C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Ultimate Hikvision Driver for Control4!

alanchow

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to add some cameras that are directly attached to an NVR. I have followed your instructions to a T. The cameras are found, the info pours into the various boxes when the final step is done (entering the IP). However I only ever manage to get a static image. If I change the substream in the camera's own settings page to MJEG and set the camera driver to use the substream (preferred stream 2) the feed starts coming through nice and smooth. But then at some point the NVR resets the substream to H264 - there is no option in the NVR to choose MJPEG.

It was my understanding that the EA controllers and T3 touchscreens had support for h264 so I don't know why it isn't working.

4 hours ago, timbooo said:

I'm trying to add some cameras that are directly attached to an NVR. I have followed your instructions to a T. The cameras are found, the info pours into the various boxes when the final step is done (entering the IP). However I only ever manage to get a static image. If I change the substream in the camera's own settings page to MJEG and set the camera driver to use the substream (preferred stream 2) the feed starts coming through nice and smooth. But then at some point the NVR resets the substream to H264 - there is no option in the NVR to choose MJPEG.

It was my understanding that the EA controllers and T3 touchscreens had support for h264 so I don't know why it isn't working.

Please submit a ticket or call our office for support (AEDT business hours).  I didn’t develop this driver myself so I can’t really help you on this one and the guy that did doesn’t visit forums.

Major Update

• Added support for the Hikvision I and K series NVRs and DVRs for IP based remote control simluation.  Note that this requires a special firmware developed by Hikvision for us available here - https://us.hikvision.com/control4-smart-home-solution
  • Added licence plate recognition functionality for supporting cameras
  • Improved collection of available Basic and Smart Events for creating bindings

6 minutes ago, alanchow said:

Major Update

• Added support for the Hikvision I and K series NVRs and DVRs for IP based remote control simluation.  Note that this requires a special firmware developed by Hikvision for us available here - https://us.hikvision.com/control4-smart-home-solution

Well done, I have an NVR sitting here that I can test it on. Would love to see a driver for the hikvision doorbell ds-hd1. I find it awesome that they want to expand Control4 support. 

On 7/22/2021 at 3:51 AM, alanchow said:

Major Update

oh shame, only the K2 turbo, I have a K1 😪

1 hour ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I also have a K1 - so does the K1 not qualify for this driver?

From what i gather...For camera streams its ok...but the IP control of the on screen display from the NVR/DVR's hdmi out its not.

On 7/22/2021 at 3:51 AM, alanchow said:

Major Update

Alan,, after driver update i can no longer pull snapshots only H.264 works...meaning no C4 app preview.  Any ideas? Nothing has changed my side other than the latest version of the driver. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, DaveDodd said:

Alan,, after driver update i can no longer pull snapshots only H.264 works...meaning no C4 app preview.  Any ideas? Nothing has changed my side other than the latest version of the driver. Thanks.

Ok, got it working again....I had to Re-build bindings for each camera.

11 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I also have a K1 - so does the K1 not qualify for this driver?

13 hours ago, DaveDodd said:

oh shame, only the K2 turbo, I have a K1 😪

You guys will need to reach out to Hikvision support to see if your hardware is compatible with the firmware.  Highly recommend this before upgrading in case you brick it.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any trick to getting the PTZ controls working via the driver?  I've got a DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P with 4 PTZ cameras and 4 domes.  The streams work fine and I can control the PTZ from the Hikvision App or the web interface, but not via the C4 app.  The Lua output shows the command is coming in, but there is a disconnect somewhere as the cameras don't respond.  Curious if there are specific NVR settings or specific setup I need in the driver to work with a camera behind an NVR.

7 hours ago, bigzaj said:

Is there any trick to getting the PTZ controls working via the driver?  I've got a DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P with 4 PTZ cameras and 4 domes.  The streams work fine and I can control the PTZ from the Hikvision App or the web interface, but not via the C4 app.  The Lua output shows the command is coming in, but there is a disconnect somewhere as the cameras don't respond.  Curious if there are specific NVR settings or specific setup I need in the driver to work with a camera behind an NVR.

You most likely have not got the auth setup correctly.  If that doesn't do the trick then reach out to our helpdesk for additional support

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/support

• 4 months later...

Anyone with the Chowmain Hikvision NVR driver know the NVR keypress command to return to 4x4 multi-camera view. I used to use a camera jump for door bell press as I have EA1 behind all key TVs but not happy with the resolution. I plugged the 4k HDMI output of my NVR into my JAP system. I know how to program the NVR video output to the correct camera but I don't know how to make it go back to the full screen  4x4 view after my video "jump" is complete

Also - any idea why none of my IP cameras show up as an attachment for a push notification. Only my doorbird camera snapshot is selectable. 

1 hour ago, ERDrPC said:

Anyone with the Chowmain Hikvision NVR driver know the NVR keypress command to return to 4x4 multi-camera view. I used to use a camera jump for door bell press as I have EA1 behind all key TVs but not happy with the resolution. I plugged the 4k HDMI output of my NVR into my JAP system. I know how to program the NVR video output to the correct camera but I don't know how to make it go back to the full screen  4x4 view after my video "jump" is complete

Also - any idea why none of my IP cameras show up as an attachment for a push notification. Only my doorbird camera snapshot is selectable. 

Regarding switching the grid view, the PREV button on the Hikvision remote toggles through the available grid sizes. By default the driver doesn't map a C4 remote button to PREV. You can program any of the following buttons to be PREV: CC, INPUT/TV-VIDEO, RECALL, INFO, DVR, PLAY, GUIDE or Blue/Red/Green/Yellow BUTTONs.
With the push notification the hikvision camera drivers are definitely selectable.  I assume you also installed the camera drivers and not only the NVR driver.  If so please make sure it is on the latest version of the driver as well as we added that feature in at some point in time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
I've done some installs with HikVision before but not together with a Control4 system.
I'm curious to know if you have experience with the Hikvision AcuSense line which is supposed to be able to identify if the motion is made by a human or not.

We would like to be able to use that as a trigger to switch on the light on the outside areas of a project we are planing.
Since this villa is in the jungle of Ubud there might be monkeys there and other wild animals so if that system could only trigger the light when it detects a motion event by a human it would be awesome.

Cheers

11 hours ago, swissglobalsolutions said:

Hi,
I've done some installs with HikVision before but not together with a Control4 system.
I'm curious to know if you have experience with the Hikvision AcuSense line which is supposed to be able to identify if the motion is made by a human or not.

We would like to be able to use that as a trigger to switch on the light on the outside areas of a project we are planing.
Since this villa is in the jungle of Ubud there might be monkeys there and other wild animals so if that system could only trigger the light when it detects a motion event by a human it would be awesome.

Cheers

I can’t say if it’ll differentiate between monkeys and humans.  It’s best to reach out to Hikvision about that question.

What I can tell you is that all smart events regardless of models are imported into Control4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 1:26 AM, Popolou said:

Curious, does the driver have the ability to trigger the alarm outputs/IO relays to the NVR?

Cheers
Pops

I don't know the answer to that question as i didn't write the driver myself.  Please reach out via our support and it'll get escalated to Justin who wrote the driver.  He'll be able to answer it.

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/support

• 3 weeks later...
Today we are proud to release the Hikvision Doorstation driver for Control4.  This integration is now included as part of Chowmain’s Hikvision driver suite which integrates Hikvision’s DVR’s, NVR’s and IP cameras providing not only live view on IP cameras but smart events on motion, line crossing, licence plate recognition and more if utilized with AcuSense or ANPR Cameras along with virtual remote control simulation on I series NVRs and TurboHD DVRs.

Existing customers will get this new Intercom driver at no additional cost. Pricing of the driver suite will not be increased.

This integration lowers the price of door station integration for Control4 home owners making it affordable for all installation sizes.

Chowmain and Hikvision have worked closely on making the doorstation integration seamless in Control4. This includes creation of a custom firmware tailored to Control4 allowing doorstations to call Control4 touchscreens and mobile applications with video and audio communications.

Integration is not only limited to communications and the driver provides control over electronic locks connected to the door station along with smart event feedback.
Smart event feedback is the most powerful feature of the integration. Examples of smart event programming include playback of doorbell sounds across all speakers in the home when the call button is pushed, automated porch/pathway lighting when motion is detected along with push notifications with image snapshot on these events.

A summary of the intercom driver's functionality is as below.
  • Integration to Control4's Communication Agent / SIP Server. Providing the ability to call Control4 touchscreens and mobile devices (4sight required) for both video and audio communications.
  • The Hikvision DS-KV8xx3-WME1 range of door stations can be configured automatically by the driver to work with Control4 for convenient set up and configuration
  • Ability to set Control4's Intercom Custom Button actions
  • Ability to trigger electronic locks (output 1 & 2)
  • Ability to use the door station as a regular IP camera stream
  • Automatic push notifications with snapshot for motion and/or call button press (requires 4sight)
  • Through Hikvision's alert stream technology, our driver can provide the following real time notifications for integrators to program against:Video motion detection alerts Call button press Line busy (no answer) Call Answered Alarm 1 - 4 Triggered (traditionally 1 & 2 are used for door state closed, 3 & 4 is used for exit button pushed but can be used for other programming)

This doorstation integration is compatible with the following models of door station.
  • DS-KV8113-WME1
  • DS-KV8413-WME1
  • DS-KV8213-WME1

Facebook-Hikvision-Doorstation-Driver.png

• 2 months later...