c4forums | The Control4 Community

Chowmain - Ultimate Hikvision Driver for Control4!

alanchow

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to add some cameras that are directly attached to an NVR. I have followed your instructions to a T. The cameras are found, the info pours into the various boxes when the final step is done (entering the IP). However I only ever manage to get a static image. If I change the substream in the camera's own settings page to MJEG and set the camera driver to use the substream (preferred stream 2) the feed starts coming through nice and smooth. But then at some point the NVR resets the substream to H264 - there is no option in the NVR to choose MJPEG.

It was my understanding that the EA controllers and T3 touchscreens had support for h264 so I don't know why it isn't working.

4 hours ago, timbooo said:

I'm trying to add some cameras that are directly attached to an NVR. I have followed your instructions to a T. The cameras are found, the info pours into the various boxes when the final step is done (entering the IP). However I only ever manage to get a static image. If I change the substream in the camera's own settings page to MJEG and set the camera driver to use the substream (preferred stream 2) the feed starts coming through nice and smooth. But then at some point the NVR resets the substream to H264 - there is no option in the NVR to choose MJPEG.

It was my understanding that the EA controllers and T3 touchscreens had support for h264 so I don't know why it isn't working.

Please submit a ticket or call our office for support (AEDT business hours).  I didn’t develop this driver myself so I can’t really help you on this one and the guy that did doesn’t visit forums.

Major Update

• Added support for the Hikvision I and K series NVRs and DVRs for IP based remote control simluation.  Note that this requires a special firmware developed by Hikvision for us available here - https://us.hikvision.com/control4-smart-home-solution
  • Added licence plate recognition functionality for supporting cameras
  • Improved collection of available Basic and Smart Events for creating bindings

6 minutes ago, alanchow said:

Major Update

• Added support for the Hikvision I and K series NVRs and DVRs for IP based remote control simluation.  Note that this requires a special firmware developed by Hikvision for us available here - https://us.hikvision.com/control4-smart-home-solution

Well done, I have an NVR sitting here that I can test it on. Would love to see a driver for the hikvision doorbell ds-hd1. I find it awesome that they want to expand Control4 support. 

On 7/22/2021 at 3:51 AM, alanchow said:

Major Update

oh shame, only the K2 turbo, I have a K1 😪

1 hour ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I also have a K1 - so does the K1 not qualify for this driver?

From what i gather...For camera streams its ok...but the IP control of the on screen display from the NVR/DVR's hdmi out its not.