C4 Forums | Control4

Quick/easy question

wyrob2

Hello

just started with Composer HE and have basic question.

i want to put in a programme that WHEN a device is selected (apple tv) then an action takes place (in this case changing an audio source)

in the progamming left hand side, device events - under apple it just has an event of Power on Power off etc. But i think i need one which is "when device is selected" as power on and off dont get triggered when device is selected (it is always on)

i can work out the programming on device actions which work when i press execute. But just need the Device Event for "when apple TV is selected"

am i being stupid?

thanks!

Now that’s a different and long story to do with the capabilities of my matrix!

what I need to find is the action for when ‘applet tv 4k’ is selected to this.   Cannot see where that action would be on the left.  All the room options don’t allow to select an individual device?

Thanks!

I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable members will comment, but the 2nd line of programming needs to be 'nested' under the "If" conditional above it.  Just drag the command to where the Question Mark is, and an arrow to the right will show up, showing that you want this nested under that Conditional.

I've received a huge amount of help here, as a newb, so just wanting to pay it back a little.

2 hours ago, wyrob2 said:

so I have the action I think very simply but it will not execute.  I am being stupid here?

As said above, pick and drag the action over the if statement, you will then see it indented which means it is now nested to that statement.

Oh I am an idiot.   Got it   Everyone is very kind   

found how to nest underneath.  Refreshed but still no execute.  I think I must have missed a trick on the command ‘when I change the input to Apple TV 4K’ in the cinema.  Wonder if it’s because it’s in the rack.  Photo attached.  
thanks everyone 

9D46398F-A276-4B36-9BD7-EA726B5429C0.jpeg

Hi.   Happy new year to all

so another quick one

in programming if you have one zone playing music and want to add another room to that zone what is the logic.  I have a routine to play a radio station in the bedroom.  What I want to do is add another room to that stream. When I do it now both zones have a different stream not joined together and out of sync.  I try to match the audio to what is playing in the bedroom but it still plays as a separate stream.  Can I say ‘play this station in BOTH these rooms’?

probably very easy but confusing me!

Thanks 

24 minutes ago, wyrob2 said:

so another quick one

in programming if you have one zone playing music and want to add another room to that zone what is the logic.  I have a routine to play a radio station in the bedroom.  What I want to do is add another room to that stream. When I do it now both zones have a different stream not joined together and out of sync.  I try to match the audio to what is playing in the bedroom but it still plays as a separate stream.  Can I say ‘play this station in BOTH these rooms’?

Thanks 

I can try to help here.

Are you wanting both zones to play the same source from the start, or are you trying to add a zone after the first zone starts to play?  If the latter, it can be done through the Control4 app just by adding the room to the existing audio stream.

1 hour ago, wyrob2 said:

so another quick one

Thanks 

I'm not 100% about this but I think this is the scenario for the room control driver..

So your issue would be that each streaming service driver works a little different then the next.. So with Pandora Yes, you can specify in programming to play in 1 room or all rooms.. With Amazon I would so no..

With Heos speakers I learned that you can start audio in a zone and program setting the all the other room audio end point that the first zones end point.. issue I found was that I could not program an unjoint from first end point

thanks @burowyako and @c4toys

Yes - the quest is to start the same source in both rooms from the start. Yet in programming i seem to be only able to add one room at a time, which triggers the station to act like a different source each time. I would like the outcome to be just like adding a room to the existing audio stream in the app.

thanks!

This got me curious, so I had a look in Composer Pro, Programming.  When I select Digital Audio as the Device on the Left, one of the events is "Enters Session".  When I then select Digital Audio on the Right, there is an option there to 'select which Room Session you're using, with another option to Add Rooms' to the session.  It seems like you can select the rooms you want to join the session there, by using that as the Action to occur when a Session starts.

I'm still a newb here, so this is just a guess, but it seems like this would do what you want.

Edited by Don Cohen
clarity

5 hours ago, Don Cohen said:

This got me curious, so I had a look in Composer Pro, Programming.  When I select Digital Audio as the Device on the Left, one of the events is "Enters Session".  When I then select Digital Audio on the Right, there is an option there to 'select which Room Session you're using, with another option to Add Rooms' to the session.  It seems like you can select the rooms you want to join the session there, by using that as the Action to occur when a Session starts.

I'm still a newb here, so this is just a guess, but it seems like this would do what you want.

that is correct. if you are wanting multiple rooms to join a digital media session this is one of several ways to do it.

you can also set a room equal to the selected device of a room

some music services allow you to choose rooms to play in

media scenes could be activated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.