C4 Forums | Control4

Controlling KODI and External Players

enzeder

I currently use KODI with the Chowsoft driver, and am experimenting with using external video players (specifically MPC with using MADVR to do HDR Tone Mapping). However one problem is that of course as soon as you pass control to an external player if you want to pause etc I have to resort to using a keyboard.

Ideally I would like to be able to still use the C4 remote.

Anyone have any smart ideas of how I might be able to do this?

I currently use KODI with the Chowsoft driver, and am experimenting with using external video players (specifically MPC with using MADVR to do HDR Tone Mapping). However one problem is that of course as soon as you pass control to an external player if you want to pause etc I have to resort to using a keyboard.
Ideally I would like to be able to still use the C4 remote.
Anyone have any smart ideas of how I might be able to do this?
Could you use a windows media center remote and use an ir bud run to your control4 controller attached on the usb ir reciever that comes with the remote?

External player usb port -> usb ir reciever of media center remote-> ir bud -> control4 controller. Does that make sense? If you have trouble finding one I have an old one that I'm not using.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes that does make sense, presume I would need a "media windows centre" driver installed. And then I could programme that if say I hit pause on the remote whilst I have the Kodi device selected that it also sends a pause IR command to the WMC driver?

Is another way that when I select play on KODI C4 changes the device to the media centre and then changes back to KODI when I hit stop?

Ironically I had a big clean up this time last year and put some old MCE remotes etc I had around in the e-recycle.

Presumably a FLIRC would do the trick as well?

Thank you

12 hours ago, enzeder said:

Intuitively I don't much like the idea of going back to KODI 17.6 but may be I should just get over that.

tbh, what does Kodi 18 have more that's really worth it ? not much ...

I just hope DS Player comes back in Kodi 19. 
But that still leaves us with the commands of Madvr :D:D:D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.