C4 Forums | Control4

Recommendation for good Mid-Quality receiver for HT

macmann

AVRs are the bane of my existence as you have to replace them every few years if you want to continue using them for video switching - but for audio they are still generally fine.  I have a few AVRs with no HDMI, or only 1 or 2 HDMI inputs.  And then even some of my newer AVRs may not support 4K.  And more 8K TVs are coming out at CES this year. https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2019/12/31/21044998/samsung-bezel-less-8k-qled-tv-leak-ces-2020

AVRs are the bane of my existence as you have to replace them every few years if you want to continue using them for video switching - but for audio they are still generally fine.  I have a few AVRs with no HDMI, or only 1 or 2 HDMI inputs.  And then even some of my newer AVRs may not support 4K.  And more 8K TVs are coming out at CES this year. https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2019/12/31/21044998/samsung-bezel-less-8k-qled-tv-leak-ces-2020

You may want to consider a video switcher the best time you need to upgrade the hdmi part of switching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I currently have a Sony 1100ES series for the living room.  Need a recommendation for one that will go into the game room for the projector.  Want something that works really well with C4 and has bullet proof drivers.  
The STR ZA1100ES is still a good option with a rock solid driver and good SQ.

Pick up a used like new on amazon or eBay.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.