C4 Forums | Control4

C4 switches without controller

Neter66

Background: sold my fully automated house last year. New house had close to zero automation ( 2x ikea light bulbs, a tv, and some ikea blinds )  Before moving out, I had put a home bridge in, and had been using Siri for control of everything. We are an apple household, so was easy for everyone. 

Fast forward to new house... I have 5 or 6 c4 light switches still in their packaging, and a couple of 6 button switches. I’d like to integrate these into our home, but don’t want to have to buy a controller, then the home bridge etc etc. I’d rather just bind the switches to another zigbee gateway and move on. ( not going to debate dealer model etc - I loved my c4 setup, but I don’t need everything I had before ) 

So, anyone know if it’s possible to bind C4 switches to an open source gateway this bypassing a c4 controller? 

Thanks in advance. 

Cheers,

D. 

On 1/4/2020 at 9:21 AM, Neter66 said:

Background: sold my fully automated house last year. New house had close to zero automation ( 2x ikea light bulbs, a tv, and some ikea blinds )  Before moving out, I had put a home bridge in, and had been using Siri for control of everything. We are an apple household, so was easy for everyone. 

Fast forward to new house... I have 5 or 6 c4 light switches still in their packaging, and a couple of 6 button switches. I’d like to integrate these into our home, but don’t want to have to buy a controller, then the home bridge etc etc. I’d rather just bind the switches to another zigbee gateway and move on. ( not going to debate dealer model etc - I loved my c4 setup, but I don’t need everything I had before ) 

So, anyone know if it’s possible to bind C4 switches to an open source gateway this bypassing a c4 controller? 

Thanks in advance. 

Cheers,

D. 

Yeah, or just a small CA controller, those C4 switches are golden! PM me if you want me to remote in and help you set up 😉

You can buy a HC250 controller with a license pretty cheap on eBay.  Or an HC800 if you want something a bit more sophisticated.  Pay an online dealer to set it up and you are good to go.  You will not be able to the latest OS but you may not need that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.