C4 Forums | Control4

Help! C4 Video Matrix not showing Verizon Fios Cable Box Sources

i have a C4 8x8 Video Matrix and it’s connected to 2 Verizon Fios Cable Boxes, 2 Apple TV’s and 2 Direct TV boxes.  

For months everything has worked fine but suddenly last night the two Verizon Fios Cable Boxes started to show only static on my TV’s.  At first I thought it was a glitch and I rebooted the Matrix and eventually the entire C4 rack of equipment and the cable boxes, but the issue persisted.  (The Apple TV and Direct TV sources show up correctly).  

Then I thought maybe the issue is the two hdmi ports the cable boxes are plugged into went bad.  But when I plugging the Apple TV into the Verizon Fios hdmi port on the Video Matrix,  and it shows up properly. So clearly there is an issue that is specific to the Verizon Fios Cable Boxes and the C4 Video Matrix.  

Again, what I see on the TV screen is total static.  Any ideas how to fix this?

It’s a blue red white static. But yes, a blue hue.  I also plugged cable box straight into tv (bypassing matrix) and it worked fine.  So it’s definitely a matrix sync issue of some sort.  Question is what did Verizon push out and how do I fix it?

i have newer Verizon Fios One cable boxes.  

• 1 month later...

Ive ran into this issue recently, however all I needed to do to fix it was boot the FIOS box up directly wired to a TV over the HDMI.  Then I reconnect it to a the matrix switch while it is still plugged in, and then I power the Matrix switch back up.  Ive found I need to do this 1 at a time.  There is definitely some timing, handshake issue going on here.  Its popped up to be a few times over the last two months, usually after a hard power outage.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.