C4 Forums | Control4

Alarm + lights on an EA1

esanto1

Hi,

im still considering C4 but only for security - alarm integration and maybe a few lights (<6) for some level of “mockupancy”. Alarm would be a Ness M1 Gold. No touch screens as my wife and I always carry our phones around. I do have cctv installed but won’t be integrating that as I don’t see much value add in doing so. 
I have a quote from my dealer which includes an EA3 but wondering if an EA1 could do this. 

interested in people’s feedback.

thanks

22 minutes ago, esanto1 said:

No audio. Happy with Sonos/Spotify. 

thanks

Why not just get some light switches or hue bulbs that can do it for you at a cheaper price. Then you aren't tied to an integrator. Most newer alarms will let you log in remotely I would imagine. 

1 hour ago, Neo1738 said:

Why not just get some light switches or hue bulbs that can do it for you at a cheaper price. Then you aren't tied to an integrator. Most newer alarms will let you log in remotely I would imagine. 

Yeah - I mean I love C4 and all, but I wouldn't use it for only this. 

Hi,
im still considering C4 but only for security - alarm integration and maybe a few lights ( I have a quote from my dealer which includes an EA3 but wondering if an EA1 could do this. 

interested in people’s feedback.

thanks
A CA1 is actually designed for what you described but you'll regret not choosing an ea1 considering it's price and features.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

I do have TP-Link Kasa plugs already that control some lamps but I don’t have lamps in the rooms where I’d like the lights when I’m out. Sure, it may not be difficult to move lamps but would like control over the mains lights. My wife and kids are notorious for leaving lights on too so having the ability to remotely switch them off is a bonus. 

I did look at other alarm options like SimpliSafe but don’t want to have to install new contacts/reed switches. My house already has reed switches everywhere so I’d prefer to just leverage what I have. 

26 minutes ago, esanto1 said:

I do have TP-Link Kasa plugs already that control some lamps but I don’t have lamps in the rooms where I’d like the lights when I’m out. Sure, it may not be difficult to move lamps but would like control over the mains lights. My wife and kids are notorious for leaving lights on too so having the ability to remotely switch them off is a bonus. 

I did look at other alarm options like SimpliSafe but don’t want to have to install new contacts/reed switches. My house already has reed switches everywhere so I’d prefer to just leverage what I have. 

Again i recommend Hue bulbs or similar and an alarm that has ability to log in remotely to ensure it's on. I'm sure an alarm installer could recommend a panel to hook into the system. Still not seeing why you would spend a few grand on C4 that requires dealer integration. Look I'm all for C4 or I wouldn't be here but seems like a very limited use and waste of $ unless you plan to expand in the future. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.