C4 Forums | Control4

Flex Automation Bridges Control4 and Z-Wave

cidle323

Looks interesting, have yet to confirm drivers but a cheap alternative compared to a Somfy RTS hub and or even the C4 Zwave dongle. 

The Flex Cloud Cloner (FCC) can learn 433MHz radio frequency codes, allowing Control4 systems to natively control devices 

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/flex-automation-bridges-control4-and-z-wave

Well the FC4 is really promising as according to the article it directly integrates z-wave devices natively in C4. The FCC is a direct competition to Bond.

While I liked Vera in the past, I had to remove it entirely from my system as it was a hassle to program everything in Vera then integrate to C4.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey guys-- The FlexControl Bridges are finally shipping! The FlexBoz Z-Wave Bridge is ready for the prime time and available now for authorized dealers. 

FlexBox-RF (433/Sonfy) Bridge is ready and we have a limited stock on hand for testers. More units are scheduled to arrive in April. 

Let me know if I can answer any questions on the product, integration or functionality 

4 hours ago, mattcwiokowski said:

Hey guys-- The FlexControl Bridges are finally shipping! The FlexBoz Z-Wave Bridge is ready for the prime time and available now for authorized dealers. 

FlexBox-RF (433/Sonfy) Bridge is ready and we have a limited stock on hand for testers. More units are scheduled to arrive in April. 

Let me know if I can answer any questions on the product, integration or functionality 

Ouch, you should have someone spell check the web page for that second link. Lots of misspelled/wrong words

1 hour ago, mattcwiokowski said:

@JakelayThanks for the feedback. I will have someone take a second look. I hope you got more out of the page content than just the spellcheck challenge ;)

I sure did! Looks very cool. Just wanted to give you a heads up so people don’t see those things. Best foot forward and all😁 Cheers!

• 3 months later...

FWIW, I have been using a ZIR for about 5 months now and it works well for z wave receptacles, door locks and on my garage doors with a Mimo2. The zwave dongle was horrible on the locks and range was never there even with repeaters. The ZIR doesn't have that issue. 

I am hoping they are still tweaking as I do still need some updates on the lock driver, the status "works" but is not something reliable at least with my schlage locks. The driver will trigger the status change before the lock actuation not request status after so if there is a jamb or you use a programmed function like a UI key with "lock all" status is not correct. Also adding codes and users was availble with the c4 drivers but not with this universal one which iss annoying as it would be nice to add and pause users. 

The contact sensor also needs channels added into it as I currently cannot get status of the garage doors, it's all wired but since I cannot get status I can't add that in currently

Overall a great idea but still needs a bit of refinement. If you would like some z wave functionality then it can be done, and if you can write drivers then I'm sure this is even more powerful of a tool. 

Last item note it is limited to 50 items so in the case of my garage doors even though it's 1x mimo2 connected there are 4 channels/functions connected so that does count as 4.  If you need more than 50 you could use a second device but so far I am still 41 devices away and besides possibly a few blinds I don't have much more I would be adding. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.