C4 Forums | Control4

T3 Touch Alarm Chimes

Hey Guys,

I recently added in a Qolsys alarm system.. which is working perfectly except 1 small issue..

Enabling the door chimes and entry/exit chimes on the T3 panels doesn’t appear to work.

It seems odd as I can see the doors open and close in the zones (real time) and history tabs..

I can see the options in settings, and it allows me to check them off, but eventually it becomes unchecked (doesn’t work even when checked)

I suspect it’s a limitation of the driver, but am curious if anyone has come across this?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to provide an update as it’s indeed working now.

The Qolsys panel was previously on 2.3.4 (to be fair, C4 documentation states 2.4 and above)

I did have the alarm company update it to 2.4.2, however it still wasn’t working (even with chimes enabled per zone and panel selected in Composer, and on the panel itself in alarm settings. I also attempted deleting the driver and re-adding to no avail.

Yesterday I rebooted my switch for an unrelated issue, which cycled the T3 due to POE.. and out of nowhere it began to work. Even the countdown for entry/exit delay is now working.

So I guess the fix is, update the Qolsys firmware to above 2.4, potentially re-install the driver in composer.. but the gotcha was reboot the T3 panel after the alarm firmware update.

Hope this helps anyone who is having this issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.