C4 Forums | Control4

Wattbox WB-700-IPV-12 Driver setup

msgreenf

having an issue with the wattbox WB-700-IPv-12 driver that it auto added via SDDP.

The driver connects, i have the right IP and the right creds but i don't get the status ok message.

when I turn on debug

Authorization: Basic Y29udHJvbDQ6UmFja1Bvd2Vy

User-Agent:APP

01/15/20 06:48:31 : Processing result

No Content or Headers

Any idea what I am doing wrong? I followed all the directions in the driver.

I think I've always used the version straight from snap's web site.  For the longest time, something was missing when using the one in the database.   Either only 6-8 relays were available for programming or binding/connections.  Can't remember for sure.   Still using the older driver with no problems.

• 4 months later...
On 1/15/2020 at 12:06 PM, dcovach said:

I'll post a link to my copy a bit later.  I'm pretty sure I got it from the snap av product page for this model a couple years ago.

Hi there - can you post the link the driver?  Having the same issue. Thanks

Same problem here on a 300 series (valid IP/not status OK).  Also have problems logging in from a web browser - I get a login screen, and then get access to the web portal, but it crashes after a few seconds and then I can't get back in again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to be a noob, but what does the WattBox driver do?  I have one of these IP controlled WattBox units but I was only aware that it would work through OvrC (which is dreadful) to reboot an outlet.  OvrC is especially dreadful because if (*when) you lose internet you can no longer reboot any component through OvrC - ill thought at best...

What am I missing with the Control4 driver?  Where does the WattBox show up and what can you control?

22 minutes ago, anon2828 said:

Sorry to be a noob, but what does the WattBox driver do?  I have one of these IP controlled WattBox units but I was only aware that it would work through OvrC (which is dreadful) to reboot an outlet.  OvrC is especially dreadful because if (*when) you lose internet you can no longer reboot any component through OvrC - ill thought at best...

What am I missing with the Control4 driver?  Where does the WattBox show up and what can you control?

Well, right now it does nothing because no one can apparently get the driver to work. ;)

But the driver allows you to run events if an outlet turns on/off, you can recycle any/all outlets or turn on/off individual outlets.  (Each outlet needs a generic relay connected.  The old drivers had predefined bindings; the more recent WattBox driver looks like it will dynamically generate them based on the WattBox model.)

2 hours ago, jfh said:

Glad (?) to see I’m not the only one having this problem.

Does anyone have a WB700 working correctly?

I have it working fine.  However, I'm using a different driver, I think.  

Initially, my dealer installed the SnapAV driver, but that gave the same error messages listed in the thread.  In response, he switched to a different driver, which has worked flawlessly for me.  The one that works says it was created by "TheDriversLab LLC," and the file name is WattBox-WB700.c4i.  Not sure if this is an older driver, but I have had no issues powering outlets on or off via C4, or programming based on power states.

5 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

Mine are working but haven’t updated the watt ox’s in forever.  And most likely using the original driver. 

What does status say on the properties page?  And is “the original driver” the one dated 2016?

Can you make the outlets show up as buttons on the Navigator?  What does that end up looking like (screen shot)?

What is the best practice for where you put the outlets - almost seems like you'd want to make a separate room, or use the "Rack Room" to put all of that stuff in that you don't often touch....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.