C4 Forums | Control4

Wattbox WB-700-IPV-12 Driver setup

msgreenf

2 minutes ago, anon2828 said:

Can you make the outlets show up as buttons on the Navigator?  What does that end up looking like (screen shot)?

What is the best practice for where you put the outlets - almost seems like you'd want to make a separate room, or use the "Rack Room" to put all of that stuff in that you don't often touch....

Yes you can put buttons on the nav if you use an experience button otherwise they are on the relays screen.  What the button looks like depends entirely on the experience button you use.

I have a “Rack Room” room exactly as you suggest, but it’s all about what works best for you.

I used the original driver, dated 2016 and even though it says "valid ip address" it is actually connected.  I added relay drivers and bound them and all is working, but it still says "valid ip address" when it should say "got status ok", threw me off for 2 days.  I also have the "no content headers" in the LUA, but it still works correctly. This is only working one way tho

52 minutes ago, cybuch said:

I used the original driver, dated 2016 and even though it says "valid ip address" it is actually connected.  I added relay drivers and bound them and all is working, but it still says "valid ip address" when it should say "got status ok", threw me off for 2 days.  I also have the "no content headers" in the LUA, but it still works correctly. This is only working one way tho

Yup.  Me too.  Works fine despite all the messages in debug indicating otherwise.

Are you sure you have the credentials right?  With the latest Wattbox and Araknis firmwares with all the changes to password management, you'll want to open a browser to the Wattbox and see if it asks you to change credentials. If so, do that and then use same credentials in the SDDP driver.

On 8/5/2020 at 8:46 PM, AK1 said:

Are you sure you have the credentials right?  With the latest Wattbox and Araknis firmwares with all the changes to password management, you'll want to open a browser to the Wattbox and see if it asks you to change credentials. If so, do that and then use same credentials in the SDDP driver.

Yep, did that and this is the result.  Driver is a POS for sure.

2 minutes ago, AK1 said:

I have had zero problems in multiple projects using the driver via SDDP, provided the IP address and credentials are set up correctly. 

What is the name and date of the driver you are using?  

Just now, jfh said:

That’s based off the older driver which works fine if you ignore the LUA errors.

That's the driver SDDP installs. I don't care about the LUA errors - it works.

12 hours ago, cybuch said:

But its not two way.  Log into OVRC and turn off an outlet and tell me if you see its off in C4. 

Actually that's not important to me. I rely on OVRC for any real time status, setup etc. From Control4, I primarily want to cycle certain outlets e.g. allowing a client to reboot their rack, modem, router etc conveniently from a touchscreen or Control4 app. I could also do this in OVRC home but some clients only want to learn Control4.

12 hours ago, AK1 said:

Actually that's not important to me. I rely on OVRC for any real time status, setup etc. From Control4, I primarily want to cycle certain outlets e.g. allowing a client to reboot their rack, modem, router etc conveniently from a touchscreen or Control4 app. I could also do this in OVRC home but some clients only want to learn Control4.

And if you turn it off via OVRC and it doesn't turn back on, or god forbid it trips for some reason, to the client it looks like it is still on.  Horrible one way driver.

And if you turn it off via OVRC and it doesn't turn back on, or god forbid it trips for some reason, to the client it looks like it is still on.  Horrible one way driver.

I think you’re over dramatizing a rather simple situation. All my clients want to do is power cycle certain equipment ie reset the outlets, not turn them off then on in discrete commands.They don’t consult the driver for the state of the equipment. For that purpose the driver is perfectly adequate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, AK1 said:

I think you’re over dramatizing a rather simple situation. All my clients want to do is power cycle certain equipment ie reset the outlets, not turn them off then on in discrete commands.They don’t consult the driver for the state of the equipment. For that purpose the driver is perfectly adequate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think it’s dramatic at all.  There are times I need/want to control an outlet from C4 and I absolutely want to know if/when particular devices go offline.  

For what SnapAV charges for the Wattbox line a driver that actually works properly isn’t much to ask.   It’s pretty sad to have to put a piece of equipment on a cheap device like a Kasa plug just to get two way status.

• 1 month later...

SO having the same issue with the wattbox driver not binding with the 300-ip model. The older driver version with manual IP input in the driver is a no go and the newer version with SDDp connection will only allow a IP bind. SDDP drag and drop not allowed. AK1, where did you find your driver that works as I don't see it on the driver list!

2 hours ago, Olichops said:

SO having the same issue with the wattbox driver not binding with the 300-ip model. The older driver version with manual IP input in the driver is a no go and the newer version with SDDp connection will only allow a IP bind. SDDP drag and drop not allowed. AK1, where did you find your driver that works as I don't see it on the driver list!

Why must it be SDDP?  What is wring with IP bind? I don't recall if I found it via driver search or SDDP. Post a screenshot of the driver details you are seeing, as I did above.

43 minutes ago, Olichops said:

AK1,  your driver was created by chris brant but all online wattbox drivers that don't work are by SnapAV

Interesting, I went back to that customer's site and the "Kris Brandt" driver is the one identified via SDDP.

image.png.fcb8fadcc1b0426c66e36e62fc33928b.png

There are basically 2 online versions, the older one on 6/30/2016 requires the IP input in the driver itself. The newer on 8/7/2019 inserts itself into the Network list where you usually bind the IP via SDDP or IP. I can only use IP and that does not work either. LUA output of first driver as below:

Authorization: Basic cmpkb3ZpYWs6a2*****
User-Agent:APP
09/27/20 21:41:22 : Processing result
No Content or Headers

So looks like you have a different driver version. What is the build date on that?

3 minutes ago, Olichops said:

There are basically 2 online versions, the older one on 6/30/2016 requires the IP input in the driver itself. The newer on 8/7/2019 inserts itself into the Network list where you usually bind the IP via SDDP or IP. I can only use IP and that does not work either. LUA output of first driver as below:

Authorization: Basic cmpkb3ZpYWs6a2*****
User-Agent:APP
09/27/20 21:41:22 : Processing result
No Content or Headers

So looks like you have a different driver version. What is the build date on that?

See my post above.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.