C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone used Bluetooth beacons

sonic30101

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/19/2020 at 5:49 PM, sonic30101 said:

Ordered and on its way to test. Will report back, a majority of the solutions I was seeing were commercial applications with high monthly fees due to advanced analysis that I wouldn't need though following someone through a floorplan would be really fun

On 1/29/2020 at 6:39 PM, jlemonakis said:

I have had 4 of them for a few months

Ok, any reviews?  Using Chowmain's driver I assume?

7 minutes ago, turls said:

Ok, any reviews?  Using Chowmain's driver I assume?

I contacted RoomMe a month ago and they are working on a new smaller version that will be available at end of the year, I will wait till the new hardware comes out, but that’s me. Am sure Alan’s driver is flawless, never got any driver from chowmain that is not performing.

8 minutes ago, Amr said:

I contacted RoomMe a month ago and they are working on a new smaller version that will be available at end of the year, I will wait till the new hardware comes out, but that’s me. Am sure Alan’s driver is flawless, never got any driver from chowmain that is not performing.

Good to know.  That was the major hangup for me as well.

• 6 months later...

The RoomMe sensors are on sale right now, but no sign yet of a smaller version.  I'm still waiting, as the way these work, it seems like you don't get a room exit until another beacon picks you up, so it is probably going to be pretty hard to pick only certain rooms to have a beacon in.

On 11/29/2020 at 9:30 PM, turls said:

The RoomMe sensors are on sale right now, but no sign yet of a smaller version.  I'm still waiting, as the way these work, it seems like you don't get a room exit until another beacon picks you up, so it is probably going to be pretty hard to pick only certain rooms to have a beacon in.

Sorry for late response. This was my experience as well, however I was able to successfully create an experimental "follow me". I don't use it much because I feel that it would only work really well if you're the only one in the house. I don't want to maintain other people's phones etc to make sure it's setup correctly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.