C4 Forums | Control4

Spotify vs Deezer

F0ZZ

Can you have a specific Spotify playlist, such as "Your Daily Mix 1" play as part of a C4 wakeup routine?  Or do you have to initiate playback from a device running Spotify (phone, PC) and playback to a Spotify Connect audio zone?

Big miss i think here if you have a Deezer HiFi plan. The sound quality that deezer provides is much better than many of the streaming services only rivaled by Tidal MQA. Both of which C4 supports. Deezer streams FLAC files at 16-bit/44.1kHz. Spotify 320kbps in OGG, and if you are using a phone speaker who is going to tell the difference. However if you paid for some nice audio in your home might as well take advantage of it. I am sure if you car supports spotify connect you have alternatives for other music services i am sure.

On 1/22/2020 at 8:38 PM, LollerAgent said:

You can use the Spotify app to play directly to C4 Spotify zones.  You can also control the zone's volume from the Spotify app.  It's not perfect, but it's not worthless.  I use it every day.

How do you set the Spotify volume to control C4 zone volume?  It doesn't seem to work for me when I tried it.  Volume up down in Spotify will only limit how much the app is outputting to the zone.

2 hours ago, htjunkie said:

How do you set the Spotify volume to control C4 zone volume?  It doesn't seem to work for me when I tried it.  Volume up down in Spotify will only limit how much the app is outputting to the zone.

Need to use the c4 app or c4 touch panel or remote 

Look at the setting in the driver for volume control and enable it

17 hours ago, htjunkie said:

might also be able to use some logic and automation programming to set default volumes. also the room has default volumes with 2 way feedback devices as well as the room control driver can do default volumes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.