C4 Forums | Control4

Adding Streaming "Channels" to the "stations" feature

eggzlot

How do I add sources to the "stations" feature within c4?  I have some pandora channels and siriusXM channels I'd like to add.  I have a few in there, so I've done it before but for the life of me I cannot figure it out.  Do I do it in C4 or in the streaming service itself by marking it a favorite or something?  Making a favorite on Sirius is easy, I am struggling with Pandora mostly

The stations that I've created in Pandora automatically show up in the Stations interface in C4 as far as I can tell.  I've never had to do any programming for this to happen.  Is that what you are asking?

I don't use Sirius but I just added a favorite in Sirius and refreshed Navigators and it showed up in Channels.

25 minutes ago, rayk32 said:

The stations that I've created in Pandora automatically show up in the Stations interface in C4 as far as I can tell.  I've never had to do any programming for this to happen.  Is that what you are asking?

hmm ok thanks.  for some reason I ony see 5 channels from pandora.  yet my account says i have 38 channels or something like that.  I dont need all 38 in c4, maybe ~10

I even tried a second instance of pandora in my project.  Same thing basically - 4 channels and shuffle show up.  In my original instance I have 5 stations and no shuffle.  My account has 38 stations. Not sure why I cannot see them all.  Am I missing some logical step?

• 1 year later...

I dont have the xtra channels either. I'm thinking its not implemented in the driver.

Not what your looking for but you should be able to AirPlay the channels using ShairBridge as a work around. Yes its not a permanent solution but it will work.

10 hours ago, BraydonH said:

I dont have the xtra channels either. I'm thinking its not implemented in the driver.

It's not implemented in the API AFAIK - regardless of it's in the driver or not. Maybe because they have no actual channel 'number' ascribed to them.

Sonos/HEOS and others don't have them available either.

19 hours ago, BraydonH said:

Not what your looking for but you should be able to AirPlay the channels using ShairBridge as a work around. Yes its not a permanent solution but it will work.

Thanks for the confirmation, i figured as much. Wish C4 would spend more time on certain drivers instead of the 80% solution.....

Anyway, we also have sharebridge avaialble for that must have stream.......  (speaking about 80% - it's Airplay 1 not 2)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.