C4 Forums | Control4

Tp-link Kasa vs Yeelight LED strip

jlemonakis

Which one of these works better? I own both drivers and already have one yeelight strip in my house, as well as a ton of the kasa switches (no dimmers or bulbs). The Kasa line has been absolutely bulletproof at my house and has never actually went down or caused any sort of issue with C4. The Yeelight maybe 3-4 times I've had to essentially re-submit the ip into the driver to regain control (I always set devices for static). I've had this happen with a few different devices since I've started programming and sometimes it's an SDDP device, sometimes it's not, but more often than not it's on a receiver or something. With the chowmain tp-link driver I've never had to do that. 

Now that I've established that in my experience the tp-link/chowmain setup has been more reliable than yeelight/chowmain (by a very small margin), I'm just wondering how the integration is for the KL430 and if it seems to be just as stable as the HS200s. Has anyone used the KL430 with chowmain driver yet? 

Strong signal isn't my issue because I'm under -40 RSSI. I think right now it's got a reservation with auto-discovery on, which I think is the same way I had kasa switches (I can't remember if you can set them statically). Yeelight strip at some point had like 900hrs uptime but still dropped maybe a couple of times. Auto-discovery off fixed drops for you? 

3 hours ago, jlemonakis said:

Strong signal isn't my issue because I'm under -40 RSSI. I think right now it's got a reservation with auto-discovery on, which I think is the same way I had kasa switches (I can't remember if you can set them statically). Yeelight strip at some point had like 900hrs uptime but still dropped maybe a couple of times. Auto-discovery off fixed drops for you? 

Fixed IP changes and mix, I had this issue of Lamps changing IP’s and this confuses the hell of me lamp in Kitchen turn on/off in Living, etc! It also dropped less frequent than before, you need to set static IP’s in your router or DHCP server thought.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.