C4 Forums | Control4

Survelliance DVR

rf9000

All,

This is an area I have never looked in to. I'm going to have several exterior security cameras and was wondering if most of you also do DVR with cameras? Or dooms not have the cameras setup to record? I suspect I will have 8 cameras. I would like to have DVR on these cameras, but don't want it to be cumbersome. Can I actually access the DVR through Control4 and is it a smooth process or a headache? Am I looking at the wrong piece of equipment when I see the Wirepath WPS-300-DVR-9CH?

Two ways to think about this.

1. Do you want it to work on the C4 app

2. You want to get the best performance, don’t care if it’s on the slow C4 app and are willing to use a third party app that will provide you with a better user experience.

For me it’s 2.

Btw if you go toward that option, you can get much better gear for what LUMA gear costs.

Also why are you looking to use old technology?

You should probably consider IP cameras and a nvr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IP cameras and Synology is the best experience I’ve seen.  Easy to use app for remote viewing and checking recorded footage.

works with about any camera.  You can set how much drive space you want to use for cameras.

Plus you also get the benefits of a NAS.

Typically works out cheaper than buying a canned solution.

If you want to see what happened in the past, you need a DVR, lots of options.

Universally, reviewing footage will be a better experience using the app for whichever DVR you choose. Certainly can view live in the Control4 app, but use the DVR app to review the past.

LUMA DVR's are great thats what your looking for. It integrates as good as can be currently.

There are no camreas on the market that can be rewound or reviewed within C4. All C4 can do is live viewing. This is a limitation of the C4 camera proxy currently.

So it doesn't matter what type you get, the best you will do in C4 is live viewing. You will need 2 apps regardless.

Ok. Does anyone know of a flush mount Exterior camera?  I will have a barrel arch at front door entrance and would like a camera to show a visible live feed of front door when door bell is rung. I can have a dome or bullet camera Inside this barrel arch or it will look odd. I would need something that mounts flush. Or will my DS2 cast a wide enough shot to view wide angle at front door? I think Axis makes one but didn’t know if I was going with Axis for rest of the cameras 

On 1/28/2020 at 7:58 PM, rf9000 said:

Ok. Does anyone know of a flush mount Exterior camera?  I will have a barrel arch at front door entrance and would like a camera to show a visible live feed of front door when door bell is rung. I can have a dome or bullet camera Inside this barrel arch or it will look odd. I would need something that mounts flush. Or will my DS2 cast a wide enough shot to view wide angle at front door? I think Axis makes one but didn’t know if I was going with Axis for rest of the cameras 

Flush mount may mean no IR’s so in night time, unless you illuminate the area it may not give a great image.  I use vivotek recessed cameras indoors, I know Hikvision has them too.  Not outdoor rated but can take a wide variety of temps, so if its under an arch and will not get wet maybe its an option.  But again, no IRs

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1249019-REG/hikvision_ds_2cd2e20f_2_8mm_2e_series_2mp_day_night.html/specs

https://www.vivotek.com/fd816c-hf2

Here is an outdoor fish eye

https://www.a1securitycameras.com/geovision-gv-unfe2503.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA4NTxBRDxARIsAHyp6gAs3DcefpkEmPXC6-aCknyzBKj-eFHsFZWYNOUdkh82tOK_MZ2p2ugaAp9XEALw_wcB

this Axis one says its good for indoors and outdoors

https://www.a1securitycameras.com/axis-t94a03l-5506-841.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA4NTxBRDxARIsAHyp6gBmBZ49jqdSiI64_32ncqg3ZtwW_jD5F83afiNTnuSCmvCFR6ZXjMMaAkCgEALw_wcB

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.