C4 Forums | Control4

Unifi Network Agent Now Available!

For those of you that use Unifi.... 

Cinegration is proud to release our next Agent.... the Network Agent for Unifi!

https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/utility/network-agent-unifi/

Many homes and offices use Unifi network equipment to provide reliable internet connectivity and control.  Now, customers can harness this control through their Control4 systems!  The Network Agent for Unifi is a specialized set of network tools designed to give your customers the alerts and control they're requesting.  Client access, wifi management and poe control are available as simple actions and alerts through the Control4 system.

Some simple use cases:  

• Get an alert when a new iPhone is connected to the network
  • Receive an alert when the kids come home or when the boyfriend comes over.   
  • Block a contractor from using the the network after they leave.  
  • Turn off Wifi in home during evening hours
  • Disconnect PoE devices when on vacation
  • Ground the kids by blocking the PS4

To save money and add other cool features to your projects consider purchasing as part of the Agent Bundle.

Personal note:  I'm really proud of this driver.  The main reason for doing this was to combat the calls we were getting from Xfinity customers.  You can now give your customers the network experience they've been wanting from business class network system :)

Enjoy!

21 minutes ago, SMHarman said:

I love that we now have a driver for an unapproved network vendor.

What was the xfinity problem?

It wasn't a problem with Xfinity.. more that Xfinity could do this already lol...  You can now use Control4 and Unifi to do this (instead of Xfinity) :)

5 hours ago, Amr said:

Nice, I can see that you need a siteID? I only have one site? I also don’t use cloud key rather an always on PC/NAS, how is the setup then?

You would use: default

as the site Id. 

I updated the driver last night to also support your setup.  If you have any issues goto

https://help.drivercentral.io.  

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Amr said:

Bough the driver, many thanks for your fast support :) one last Comment, is the new driver uploaded to Driver Central or not yet?

Should be.  If you're having any issues, put a help desk ticket in and we'll help you out or update the driver.

Thanks!

Could this be used for a form of Geofencing, or more or less knowing "who" is at the residence?  I sometimes find situations where it would be nice to know who's in the location.  For example "Good Night" works well to turn off all of the lights and set the alarm, but doesn't work well when there's someone staying in the spare bedroom (Grandma and Grandpa are visiting the grandkids), because they may be brushing their teeth in the guest bathroom when you press the good night button - a button that is normally useful by turning off lights everywhere that may be on.

The thought would be "if X is connected to the network, Goodnight button does A, else B."

32 minutes ago, dw886 said:

Could this be used for a form of Geofencing, or more or less knowing "who" is at the residence?  I sometimes find situations where it would be nice to know who's in the location.  For example "Good Night" works well to turn off all of the lights and set the alarm, but doesn't work well when there's someone staying in the spare bedroom (Grandma and Grandpa are visiting the grandkids), because they may be brushing their teeth in the guest bathroom when you press the good night button - a button that is normally useful by turning off lights everywhere that may be on.

The thought would be "if X is connected to the network, Goodnight button does A, else B."

The driver needs no network activity from a device for 3+ hours before it’s determined that it’s offline.  

there is programming to do this but test it a bit. It’s not really a geo fence program but can do what you’re describing. 

I wanted to thank Cinegration for jumping very quickly on the issues and issuing 3 releases in a couple of days ... Driver worked automatically as I did left Default in the settings and it just worked after they updated the driver.  What am currently missing is Release info, what each Release is fixing or adding a new functionality, etc.

4 hours ago, Amr said:

I wanted to thank Cinegration for jumping very quickly on the issues and issuing 3 releases in a couple of days ... Driver worked automatically as I did left Default in the settings and it just worked after they updated the driver.  What am currently missing is Release info, what each Release is fixing or adding a new functionality, etc.

Here's the release notes below.  We have a really awesome deployment system so updates are easy to do :).

Versions

• Corrected typo in Ubiquiti name
    • Fixed issue where sites with a name smaller than 5 characters would not work.  The minimum site id length is 3 characters now
    • Fixed issue where Unifi devices that did not have a Name and/or Device type would cause a lua error
    • Fixed issue where projects that are not using a Unifi Security Gateway as the router would not work
    • Initial Release

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.