C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 and YouTube TV - Some questions

Fishface

Well, I know there is an App for YouTube TV in Android TV, so if you have Xiaomi MiBox S or Shield TV, with a Mini App you can have YouTube TV displayed on your C4 Watch List, is that what you are looking for?

5 hours ago, Fishface said:

Sorry if the has been asked before but nothing showed when I did a search.  Has anyone with high speed internet cut the cable for tv and use youTube TV with Control4?   If so, how do the two function together?

not really an issue of youtube tv and c4 but rather the streaming player you have. Roku imo has the best integration followed by shield tv and apple tv. there are other options but these have been the most reliable options.

2 hours ago, Amr said:

Well, I know there is an App for YouTube TV in Android TV, so if you have Xiaomi MiBox S or Shield TV, with a Mini App you can have YouTube TV displayed on your C4 Watch List, is that what you are looking for?

I have Roku - thanks!

• 1 month later...

Mini drivers are available for Roku and Firestick direct from C4 - Android (and a better way to control firestick) require a piece of hardware (Video Storm IRUSB) to do so (works extremely well by the way).

Also some Smart TVs such as LG, Samsung (limited though, samsung limites the amount of apps that can be called this way) and Sony.

• 3 years later...
7 hours ago, diwit said:

I had a home theater guy set up my system a few months ago, and he talked me into using Control4. I don't love it -- I find it slow and inelegant. But it lets me have all the components out of sight and I can live with it. When I watch Apple TV, Netflix, etc, everything is great. When I want to watch Comcast, however, a weird thing happens: At almost exactly 15 minutes and 30 seconds of watching, the TV screen (Samsung Q90R) goes completely black. The audio continues for a bit longer uninterrupted, but then that glitches out too. I can use the remote to "watch" "Comcast" again, and the picture and audio come back just fine (though I've missed 30 seconds or so of watching while it re-cycles or whatever). Once I've got the picture back, I can watch again for another 15:30 before it goes black again. Over and over. Almost exactly 15:30 every time. Changing the channel or volume don't seem to interrupt or restart the counter. This happens EVERY time I use Comcast as the input, and NEVER happens with the Apple TV. The only wrinkle is that it ALMOST never happens when I'm playing games on the PS4, but every once in a while (maybe twice out of fifteen gaming sessions?), the screen will repeatedly go black on me -- though I haven't timed it when using the PS4, so I can't say whether it is the same 15:30 interval. I've switched out the Comcast box for a different model, and this glitch happens on both, so I don't think it is that. It can't be the TV, right, since it does not happen with all inputs? The culprit has to be the Control4 system? The home theater guy is working on it, but seems stumped. This is obviously extremely frustrating, and threatens to scuttle any hope of hosting the Superbowl party this year. Any thoughts / ideas / solutions would be incredible appreciated! 

Edid issues with the HDMI. not the installer fault, its a HDMI thing. change the resolution on the appletv down to 1080p as temp fix.

10 hours ago, diwit said:

I had a home theater guy set up my system a few months ago, and he talked me into using Control4. I don't love it -- I find it slow and inelegant. But it lets me have all the components out of sight and I can live with it. When I watch Apple TV, Netflix, etc, everything is great. When I want to watch Comcast, however, a weird thing happens: At almost exactly 15 minutes and 30 seconds of watching, the TV screen (Samsung Q90R) goes completely black. The audio continues for a bit longer uninterrupted, but then that glitches out too. I can use the remote to "watch" "Comcast" again, and the picture and audio come back just fine (though I've missed 30 seconds or so of watching while it re-cycles or whatever). Once I've got the picture back, I can watch again for another 15:30 before it goes black again. Over and over. Almost exactly 15:30 every time. Changing the channel or volume don't seem to interrupt or restart the counter. This happens EVERY time I use Comcast as the input, and NEVER happens with the Apple TV. The only wrinkle is that it ALMOST never happens when I'm playing games on the PS4, but every once in a while (maybe twice out of fifteen gaming sessions?), the screen will repeatedly go black on me -- though I haven't timed it when using the PS4, so I can't say whether it is the same 15:30 interval. I've switched out the Comcast box for a different model, and this glitch happens on both, so I don't think it is that. It can't be the TV, right, since it does not happen with all inputs? The culprit has to be the Control4 system? The home theater guy is working on it, but seems stumped. This is obviously extremely frustrating, and threatens to scuttle any hope of hosting the Superbowl party this year. Any thoughts / ideas / solutions would be incredible appreciated! 

maybe a timer somewhere especially if you see the 15 minute pattern.... or he's using the HDMI-CEC input wrong.

this should have nothing to do with c4, to test the theory, turn it on manually without c4...

Most likely EDID from HDMI connection.  Make sure all devices are updated on firmware.  Not sure what's being used to get HDMI to the TV, but if it's a HDBaseT extender, it could be that also.

You could try using a 1x2 HDMI splitter between your AVR and TV and see if that helps with reclocking.

Maybe not an issue with C4 (the hardware/software) but definitely an issue with C4 (the solution). Users buy the solution, so this is a C4 issue and I suggest you work with your dealer to get fixed. You should not have to compromise video quality or audio quality in your setup.

2 hours ago, C4 User said:

Maybe not an issue with C4 (the hardware/software) but definitely an issue with C4 (the solution). Users buy the solution, so this is a C4 issue and I suggest you work with your dealer to get fixed. You should not have to compromise video quality or audio quality in your setup.

Fully agree that this is an issue that your dealer should be able to fix easily and should fix!  the C4 dealer (almost always) is providing a complete solution.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.