C4 Forums | Control4

Dim LED Display on SR260

Time2Jet

28 minutes ago, time2jet said:

Yes. It’s up all of the way. As mentioned in the previous post, I’ve heard this was an issue for a period of SR260s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t see that part of your post. I’d file a warranty claim. 

I have 5 total and 2 of them have the dim screen.  One is worse then the other.  One of my other 260s doesn't have the dim screen but has some "burn in" that shows.  Looks like the screens are not lasting in these remotes, my 250s didn't have all these issues.

It's pretty common, at least with a few batches of the SR-260.  Some people seem to think that it mostly affects remotes who have a lot of direct sunlight exposure, but I'm not certain.  

The direct sunlight theory is interesting. Prolonged exposure to heat could cause this, but I think too many people have complained for it to be solely that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I have 3 of these and they all have become dim and are out of warranty.  This is very unfortunate and is a known problem and a costly issue for us homeowners.

Since Control4 won't take responsibility for it, this should really be a class action lawsuit.  

Control4 has extended the warranty for SR-260s due to this problem and provided a discounted replacement if the unit is still out of warranty. You can PM me if you want more info.

On 4/10/2020 at 1:13 PM, C4Newbie said:

I have 3 of these and they all have become dim and are out of warranty.  This is very unfortunate and is a known problem and a costly issue for us homeowners.

Since Control4 won't take responsibility for it, this should really be a class action lawsuit.  

Yes this is a know issue on Control4s end. No people shouldn't sue, the company solved the production problem as soon as it was figure out. They have a good warranty and took extended replacements. This IS a dealer problem in a way...  A quality and established C4 dealer should be able to take care of this for you on their own whether it is fronting the cost or talking directly with the company and their sales rep about it. Professionals still have ways to get equipment taken care of when "out of warranty".

• 2 weeks later...

As I mentioned, Control4 has extended the warranty on these and also sells a discounted unit if the extended warranty does not apply.  The extended warranty status can only be checked with support, the online tool only shows the original warranty.

• 3 weeks later...
As I mentioned, Control4 has extended the warranty on these and also sells a discounted unit if the extended warranty does not apply.  The extended warranty status can only be checked with support, the online tool only shows the original warranty.
Extended warranty ended in 2019

4 hours ago, msgreenf said:
11 hours ago, AK1 said:
We have had a number of extended warranty remotes replaced in 2020

Dang. I just tried last week and was told it ended

Hmm we processed some in the last couple of weeks: some were replaced at no cost under extended warranty and some were eligible for the discounted replacement

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.