C4 Forums | Control4

Thoughts for kitchen lighting scene

xburntx

Hey everyone!

Need your collective programming minds for this one!

I have a c4 dimmer switch in my kitchen. also have a motion sensor in the kitchen. The kitchen is open to the living room, so sometimes motion in the living room can be detected in the kitchen. I'm trying to think of a clever way to have motion sensor activating my kitchen lights and either turning off after certain period of time, no motion, or staying on until I press the dimmer switch to override current state.... Or even something completely out of the norm. 

Looking for input on some possible solutions here to automate the lighting experience.

I'd even purchase the lighting driver if needed.

thx folks!!

Steve

Caveat: There are folks on here much smarter than me, but this could be as simple as:

Create a timer called [kitchen lights].  Set the time for [x] minutes

When motion detected in living room -> turn on kitchen light switch -> start timer "Kitchen Lights"

Program the Kitchen Lights timer to: when timer expires -> if no motion in living room -> turn off kitchen lights

Then program the switch to -> when bottom button pressed -> stop the timer.  This will create your override.  

One thing to understand is there are several ways of doing this - you could also create a macro.  Don't be afraid to play.

1 hour ago, joecheech said:

Caveat: There are folks on here much smarter than me, but this could be as simple as:

Create a timer called [kitchen lights].  Set the time for [x] minutes

When motion detected in living room -> turn on kitchen light switch -> start timer "Kitchen Lights"

Program the Kitchen Lights timer to: when timer expires -> if no motion in living room -> turn off kitchen lights

Then program the switch to -> when bottom button pressed -> stop the timer.  This will create your override.  

One thing to understand is there are several ways of doing this - you could also create a macro.  Don't be afraid to play.

my wife yelled at me because every time she left and came back the lights came on... or she would toggle the switch off, it would sense motion and come back on LOL

it comes with a 7 day trial period.

what you will see here is that the light on level calls different ALS's based on time of day and then different ALS's stay on different periods of time.  you can also do really cool things like disable the function (driver) if the TV is on.  Basically everything I have ever tried to do I can do with this driver of Paul updates it :)

Alt light on level was my idea - that allows me to have a weekend lighting schedule vs a week day lighting schedule - I use that in my living room.  

You can cascade motion sensors and disable one if another is on; or disable only when the other senses motion.  Thi is the swiss army knife of light programming. it rocks!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5HgD7yTBbUiDQZL89 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.