LeakSmart What to buy: starter kit or just the valve

I would like to incorporate a LeakSmart Water main shut off valve for our new house that is under construction. 

I am not sure which to buy. The Starter kit or simply the valve inself?

The starter kit includes the valve, hub and a detector: https://www.amazon.com/Detection-Starter-leakSMART-Automatic-Shutoff/dp/B071RGVBCS/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=leak+smart&qid=1580939834&sr=8-4

or

simply the valve and purchase the detectors separately :   https://www.amazon.com/Detection-Starter-leakSMART-Automatic-Shutoff/dp/B071YHRXG4/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=leak%2Bsmart&qid=1580939834&sr=8-4&th=1

Do I need the LeakSmart Hub if I am getting a Control4 system in the house? Wouldn't Control4 act as "my hub"?

Is LeakSmart the way to go for water main shut off valves?  What others do you all like and recommend. 

Thank you

55 minutes ago, pkkaiser said:

Get the Moen Flo....unlike the leak smart, it monitors your water and if it detects a leak automatically turns off the water. DO not needs detectors under every sink etc. 

I believe the LeakSmart also does this... It monitors flow and can shut off water, PLUS has sensors.  This combination I think makes the most sense overall. 

Biggest downfall, as with several other similar systems is many wont with with pipes larger then 1" and outs is 1.5".

1 hour ago, pkkaiser said:

Get the Moen Flo....unlike the leak smart, it monitors your water and if it detects a leak automatically turns off the water. DO not needs detectors under every sink etc. 

LeakSmart also shuts off the water in case of leak.  How does the Moen Flo detect leaks without sensors?  Just monitors your average water consumption? 

Do you currently have a Moen Flo? 

Moen is automatic, leak smart requires a sensor to notice something so if your leak is in a wall, or in the attic, it will do nothing until a sensor detects water. Moen "learns" your different faucets, washing machines, etc and then watches for changes. It is similar to the Sense device for electricty. When it detects and abnormal increase in flow that does not alter, it turns off the water.

16 minutes ago, pkkaiser said:

Moen is automatic, leak smart requires a sensor to notice something so if your leak is in a wall, or in the attic, it will do nothing until a sensor detects water. Moen "learns" your different faucets, washing machines, etc and then watches for changes. It is similar to the Sense device for electricty. When it detects and abnormal increase in flow that does not alter, it turns off the water.

If it works like Sense then I'm out.  My sense is horrible at detection, had super high hopes but just doesn't work

1 hour ago, JSTRONG said:

We use dam-it flood sensors. They work Great. I just installed 8 of them in a basement. And the c4 driver works good. 
You can also get the auto shutoff valve That they communicate with

Where did you purchase your Dam-it and sensors?

Can you turn the valve both off and back on with the app?

whats the price of the unit etc?

thank you!

5 minutes ago, antneed said:

Where did you purchase your Dam-it and sensors?

Can you turn the valve both off and back on with the app?

whats the price of the unit etc?

thank you!

do you have an alarm system?

My DSC Alarm has water sensors hard wired into the panel.  My DSC talk to C4 using the IT-100 module.  I have a Watercop that has a simple relay wired into my Controller.  if the DSC water sensors sense water, the WaterCop shuts off the main water and I get a text

Eventually I may move to something that monitors water.  I am toying with something now but it is not sensitive enough for small leaks, and some that are good for smaller leaks will charge monthly fees which I am not too keen on.  I probably lost $10 or so in a month over a small drip out of a whole home water system.  My bill spiked by $10, hunted around, found the problem.  Rather do that then pay $5-$10 a month.  In any areas of potential big leaks (hot water heats, sump pumps, under sinks, etc) I have the DSC water sensors.

Control4 Sells - DamIT (zigbee), with a driver in the database.
Blackwire Sells - Leaksmart (cloud), with a free driver in the database.
Cinnegration is Moen Flo (cloud) driver developer, latest version being developed as Moen changed the API.
Zwave Drivers in Database: FortrezZ and Aeotec
Then there's DIY with a motorized valve(either LV or 120), or standalone system like WaterCop or pick from a variety of others.

Can't day there's a most popular.