Hope someone can help.  I have our wall-keypad button's programmed fine, but all of a sudden none of our wall keypads work anymore. It appears to be linked to when we changed our internet service. The control4 guy came out and changed something when we received new internet service, he said it would be easier and he didn't link the new internet router with the control 4 router (he took that part out) it appears that the control4 router isn't being used at all anymore.  I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not?  I am so frustrated because we had a technician come out from their office and he ran around the house for 60 minutes and then told me that they would need to reprogram the wall buttons - it would take them about 2 hours to do that....so then they charged me for his time to tell me this and when I protested the invoice they give me a hard time about it....furthermore they said that I could program the buttons myself using the control4 website - which I had already done and they were working fine........Hope someone has an idea about what to do.

oh, it is an Araknis networks router, any ideas if this could be the issue?  This has been going on for months now.

yes, the lights work, the music works, but not the shades - the control4 guy said he simplified it by removing the router that went with the control4 system and is just using the router that came with the internet service.

Did the shades work when he left? 
Did the keypads work when he left?

What do the keypads control? Lights? Shades? Music? Do ANY of the buttons on the keypads work?

Did you change programming in the keypads after he left?

27 minutes ago, gldnk9 said:

just using the router that came with the internet service.

Control4 usually recommends to stay away from ISP router. Typically on Do Not Use list as it can lead to problems. 

Just now, Cart said:

Control4 usually recommends to stay away from ISP router. Typically on Do Not Use list as it can lead to problems. 

Araknis is what Control4 recommends and supports so I don't see the benefits in changing out for the ISP.

As for the shades it sounds like your C4 controller is looking for a specific IP address. You will probably want to assign a static IP address for your shades. I had a somewhat similar incident happen and once I locked in the IP address I have been good. 

Sounds like you have more than 1 control4 processor, and the keypads and shades (Qmotion perhaps?) are on the other processors mesh. And the other processor now isn't on the new network IP range. Or if shades are RA or similar, the shades processors has the old IP range too.

Never a need to 'reprogram' the keypads, unless they got deleted from the project, or an older project file got loaded loosing the programming that you did. It's possible they may need to be re-identified to a different mesh which takes about a minute a piece, but not reprogrammed.

Araknis router should have been left in. As others said, ISP routers aren't reliable.

Thanks for all the help.

The remote doesn't work the shades.

So if i plugged in the Araknis  instead of the router that the internet service provider plugged in then do you think this would take care of the problem?The original programming was done by Control4 - but there is an option to program it in the 4Sight and I did do that, should I just try redoing that first?

4 hours ago, gldnk9 said:

Thanks for all the help.

The remote doesn't work the shades.

So if i plugged in the Araknis  instead of the router that the internet service provider plugged in then do you think this would take care of the problem?The original programming was done by Control4 - but there is an option to program it in the 4Sight and I did do that, should I just try redoing that first?

Here's my guess.

The tech couldn't get the new ISP router to function with the Araknis, double NAT, or just wasn't experienced enough. Possibly the previous ISP was just a modem, not a gateway. So he decided to remove the Araknis router. Your processor was probably setup with a static IP, so he mistakenly factory reset the processor rather than just reset the network. So he loaded an old saved copy of the program that didn't include the keypad programming.

So then what are my options now? 

The last invoice from this Control4 support place was for 60 minutes of a young tech walking around our house and he ended in him telling me that the blinds don't work and that he couldn't help me and that he thought that the programming got deleted (then when he told me this I had him call his superior and the superior said that I could program the blinds myself using the 4Sight (I checked on that and I had already programmed the buttons-it just isn't working).  According to this young tech guy the next step would be to send someone else over.....They don't seem to know what they are doing and it keeps costing us money - they charge us for the time it takes them to figure out what they did wrong in the first place so I hesitate to have them here..........argh.

Unless you have a decent knowledge of what is what where all the equipment is and provide and explanation to a remote person, this is likely to be difficult to solve without being there. Maybe with FaceTime or something someone can. 

It is clearly a network thing and these guys are on the right track, but without knowing a lot more there isn’t going to be a “unplug that, plug in this” suggestion that’s going to fix everything. That MIGHT be the case, but anyone would need a lot more info to know for sure. 

Since you have 4sight.

You should be able to login your protal, goto my system, and backups and history. There you can download old backups, so if you know when it all went screwy, you might be able to restore, with a dealer's help.

Hello Everyone, thank you for all of the input.  crshepard7 hit the nail on the head.  "It sounds like what you need is a new C4 dealer."

I connected with JSTRONG from this forum and he was able to connect to our system and work with me to resolve the problem.  Their were 2 issues and they are now resolved, 1) hardware was plugged into the wrong port  2) the somfy hub needed to be reprogrammed.

Again, thank you everyone.