C4 Forums | Control4

Determine if "listen" or "watch" is active in a room.

LollerAgent

I'm playing around with the Room Control driver's ability to sync a room's source to other rooms.  One scenario that I'm trying to program right now is:

In my master bedroom, if I double-tap the "Music" button and music is playing in the adjacent room, join that session instead of starting a new one.

The way that I am doing this right now is I'm checking if the adjacent room is "off," and if it's not (it's on), use the room control driver to join that session.  The problem is that I only want to join that session if music is playing ("Listen") and NOT if TV is playing ("Watch").  Is there any way to determine if the selected source is "Listen" or "Watch" rather than just checking if the room is "on" or "off"?

The easiest way to do exactly what you are asking is to use “if Tv is on” or “if Projector is on”.  If true, then it is Watch.  If False then it is Listen...

There are other ways to achieve what you are after, but the above should work with the method you are following.

7 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

The easiest way to do exactly what you are asking is to use “if Tv is on” or “if Projector is on”.  If true, then it is Watch.  If False then it is Listen...

There are other ways to achieve what you are after, but the above should work with the method you are following.

That would not work if they had selected a Watch source and then selected a Listen source in the adjacent room as the display device would be left powered on until a Room Off command is issued. This is the default behaviour when switching from Watch to Listen but could be programmed around if necessary.

I think what you really want to be making use of in the Room Control driver is this:

Screenshot 2020-02-09 19.57.40.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.