Jump to content
JAVGuy

Sony Driver with Vizio 4K TV

Recommended Posts

Anybody know of an online driver through Sony that will work on an older Vizio 4K TV? Model D40U-D1 and running IR isn't ideal, so hoping there's an IP driver that might work for this setup.  Sounds like I might have to go through a lot of Sony drivers to test this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just do IR. Get a Z2IO if you don't have a controller near the TV. You will spend more time and headaches trying to make a sony driver somehow work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cart said:

Just do IR. Get a Z2IO if you don't have a controller near the TV. You will spend more time and headaches trying to make a sony driver somehow work.

... or just get the Vizio IP driver - which is likely going to be easier and cheaper in the long run.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LollerAgent said:

... or just get the Vizio IP driver - which is likely going to be easier and cheaper in the long run.  

They added support for launching apps through the API recently. We'll be tying them into the universal mini drivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheWizard said:

They added support for launching apps through the API recently. We'll be tying them into the universal mini drivers.

That will be nice, please incorporate this in when you have time. Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LollerAgent said:

... or just get the Vizio IP driver - which is likely going to be easier and cheaper in the long run.  

Not super familiar with Vizio TVs.

Was just recommending to avoid using another brand driver and to use IR if no IP drivers could be found for that model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 6:36 AM, JAVGuy said:

Anybody know of an online driver through Sony that will work on an older Vizio 4K TV? Model D40U-D1 and running IR isn't ideal, so hoping there's an IP driver that might work for this setup.  Sounds like I might have to go through a lot of Sony drivers to test this...

Whats not working with IR? ir should be pretty reliable if done right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...