C4 Forums | Control4

HDMI Switch

Time2Jet

I’ve been distributing/matrixing (poorly) via a Denon X8500 AVR and I’ve had just about enough. As most of you know, I’m a huge fan of AVPro and they’ve never ever failed me, but trying to distribute via any AVR’s zone 2 is never surefire. My second zone needs a TiVo, Roku and to share a BluRay player and I’d like one open source for whatever may come. This zone is extended via balun and has a 5.1 Sonos system at the display. Can someone recommend a 3-5x1 Switch that integrates well? I’m currently only matrixing one device (the BluRay), so is there a 1x2 Switch I can stack for just that? I don’t want to compromise HDR@60Hz or 4:4:4 Chroma, so I assume these all just pass through whatever they’re given? And I don’t care to buy a matrix per se. No real need. I just need to get away from all of these EDID issues. Zone 1 has subways worked fantastically. Thanks in advance everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t need anything amped since I have Sonos at that display. I just need a simple pass through switch that’ll do 4x1 and then a 1x2 to feed the BluRay to both displays.

A matrix be wonderful, but I didn’t want to spend $2k. I’d keep my Zone 1 at the Denon and use the switch instead of Zone 2. I’d need 6 sources minimum if I did a matrix.

17 hours ago, time2jet said:

Matt-

Zone 2 hates Roku. Known issue I’m told. I extend over an AC-EX100-444 and even with the EDID copied I am getting a picture 2 out of 5 launches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

try getting a edid management box from av pro. should help with the roku on the denon.

1 hour ago, Matt Lowe said:

try getting a edid management box from av pro. should help with the roku on the denon.

The baluns are the ACPro EX100-444 gen2's and have the ability to manage EDID via passthough, or a known display or to actually copy the display's EDID.  In other words, they do fairly well typically at managing EDID.  I've engaged my friend in tech support at AVPro and she's asking me to extend move that particular balun to the Zone 1 path and copy it's EDID, tricking the Denon into thinking they're both the same display since Zone 1 is working fine with exactly the same sources.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.