C4 Forums | Control4

Driver to Group security sensors

Does anyone know of a driver which allows one to create zone groups for a security system?

I assumed that this was a standard feature of security drivers as I have this functionality (for up to 8 groups) with Domosapiens DSC driver in my primary residence. Great driver by the way.

However, at my beach house, I have a Paradox system (mainly because my dealer recommended Paradox over DSC) and the Cinegration security driver.  I would like to make some zone groups (e.g. all windows and doors) so that I can display a red led at our garage exit should any door / window be open.  

This is simple with the above mentioned DSC driver but only possible with lots of programming (AFAIK) when it comes to the Paradox driver that we have.  Hence I am looking for a driver that can Group zones... anyone aware of such a driver?

Thanks in advance!

4 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Does anyone know a pod a driver which allows one to create zone groups for a security system?

I assumed that this was a standard feature of security drivers as I have this functionality (for up to 8 groups) with Domosapiens DSC driver in my primary residence. Great driver by the way.

However, at my beach house, I have a Paradox system (mainly because my dealer recommended Paradox over DSC) and the Cinegration security driver.  I would like to make some zone groups (e.g. all windows and doors) so that I can display a red led at our garage exit should any door / window be open.  

This is simple wither above mentioned DSC driver but only possible with lots of programming (AFAIK) when it comes to the Paradox driver that we have.  Hence I am looking for a driver that can Group zones... anyone aware of such a driver?

Thanks in advance!

should be able to group them by room. might be able to make a fake rooms and have them visible in the rooms you need if you want to change the groups.

Thanks to Domosapiens who read this post and have created a zone groups driver that can be added to any security system driver.  A must have (in my view) as an add on to a security driver as it makes it really simple to program against multiple sensors by joining them together.  

For instance, I have used the driver to create a single sensor for each of the following:

1. Windows

2. external doors

3. internal doors

4. garages and gates

5. Internal motion sensors

6. external motion sensors 

So I can see at a glance (and easily program against this) if any window is open (without having to check 20 sensors), if there is any movement in the house, if any door has been left open Etc.  I link the doors Sensor to a red LED at each of my exit points... so if any door is open, I will see the red LED.

A really good driver! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.