C4 Forums | Control4

Roku versus ATV

Time2Jet

2 hours ago, ekohn00 said:

Doing the same with one exception....I love Plex on the NAS. It can't be beat for metadata management. Personally I think the infuse interface has a lot to be desired (I like Plex WAY WAY more) but infuse handles 4K far better. 

Since I'm on a AppleTv and I find the driver solid lately (w/ latest TV OS), not sure I really care about drivers or mini apps.... I don't mind hitting a few extra arrow keys. 

Not sure what a infuse driver would buy me??

To be honest, I’ve never tried Plex.

what I’d like to see from an Infuse Driver is Infuse pumping the meta data back into MyMovies (in the C4 interface) and then playing via Infuse if chosen via C4

2 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

To be honest, I’ve never tried Plex.

what I’d like to see from an Infuse Driver is Infuse pumping the meta data back into MyMovies (in the C4 interface) and then playing via Infuse if chosen via C4

easy to set up a test as Plex server works on almost everything. just copy a media file to your PC and launch....you'd get a good idea.

Because we have about 1000 movies (a number of 4k too) I don't really like MyMovies.   I can fly through the menus (either Plex or infuse) on my appletv.....

again easy and free to try..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.