C4 Forums | Control4

Advanced Lighting and Dimmer LED's

brucecampbell

I'm looking for easier options for my dimmer and keypad led's to follow both light default colours and scene default colours.

I've currently got this working ok with programming, but am wondering if there is an option to just use the colour from the scene.

a simple example:
I have a dimmer at one end of the hallway and a two button keypad at the other.
the two button is bound to the dimmer, so they act the same when clicked.
When the light is on, both top led's are blue.

When my motion sensor triggers a lighting scene which includes the hallway lights, I have the top leds colour red.
Can I do this without programming by just linking to the scene led colour settings? - without losing the default on and off colours set on the dimmer?

2 minutes ago, brucecampbell said:

I'm not familiar with the Room Control driver - where can I get more info please?

I too was not familiar with the driver until 3-4 hrs tech support call with an awesome tier 2 tech point me to it back in May, It did not work for that project but now that I have used it and see other post reference it for multiple uses! It is in the online database, just search online drivers in composer pro

38 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

The room control driver is a really great driver, although I don’t think it will do what the OP wants.

You are correct sir, I just looked, I was thinking LED wizard driver.. I did all my programming years ago, so I have not use this driver.. looks like it makes the programming much easier then switch by switch, button by button times 2 to reverse back to the original color state

On 2/20/2020 at 1:09 AM, brucecampbell said:

I'm looking for easier options for my dimmer and keypad led's to follow both light default colours and scene default colours.

I've currently got this working ok with programming, but am wondering if there is an option to just use the colour from the scene.

a simple example:
I have a dimmer at one end of the hallway and a two button keypad at the other.
the two button is bound to the dimmer, so they act the same when clicked.
When the light is on, both top led's are blue.

When my motion sensor triggers a lighting scene which includes the hallway lights, I have the top leds colour red.
Can I do this without programming by just linking to the scene led colour settings? - without losing the default on and off colours set on the dimmer?

what you would want to do is all in programming. We are filming the video on this subject this week in the video course we are creating.

in any case it would be simple programming on the lighting scene

when the scene changes

if active

change the current led color on x and y keypads to z color

becomes non active

set the current led color on x and y keypads to Z color

19 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

what you would want to do is all in programming. We are filming the video on this subject this week in the video course we are creating.

in any case it would be simple programming on the lighting scene

when the scene changes

if active

change the current led color on x and y keypads to z color

becomes non active

set the current led color on x and y keypads to Z color

Thanks - the programming is pretty much what I do already. 

I look forward to seeing your videos - are these available for us all to view?

1 hour ago, brucecampbell said:

Thanks - the programming is pretty much what I do already. 

I look forward to seeing your videos - are these available for us all to view?

We are planning to hrelease a video to our youtube channel shortly just a sort of preview to the course. We are not sure on pricing and how we will end up distributing it. I hope those who join will get there money's worth as we are planning to release 42 videos approximately to start and will add more as requests coming.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.