C4 Forums | Control4

TiVo Stream 4K

Time2Jet

I’ve been reading and watching for the launch. Just got an email today. If this is what it’s advertised to be, it’ll be pretty sweet.

Without coming right out and pinpointing each steaming app, it seems to insinuate that it’s all DV and all Atmos.

http://click.email.tivo.com/?qs=9bda5147c80a2cbb680b937701774e88d9915505d2ea6e6832dc22d1861f67a16de86b979a324ede92cf436a77e02ced3ed566823cf130d3

Wondering about a driver. Have to guess it’d be available fairly quickly. C4 seems to support TiVo devices well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every TiVo to date has the used the same remote control api

Have you looked at the limited information Mitch? It looks impressive. The Stream is like an aggregator (search across all apps like TiVo) but my guess is that the mini apps will work then you can add the “aggregator” launch like you can do with Roku channels.

If this outputs Atmos and Dolby Vision across all apps (they don’t come out and say it while advertising , but they insinuate it) then it will exceed anything out there in terms of best formats. I am a Samsung home, so DV isn’t a benefit to me right now, but Atmos, Mini Apps & Aggregator search surely is attractive.

Looks like it will do what every other android device will plus have their own aggregator app? Have to subscribe for the app I’m guessing. 

They are pushing Sling pretty hard. Dish can die in a fire as far as I’m concerned.  

For C4 control it does mean the IRUSB should work. 

11 minutes ago, time2jet said:

If this outputs Atmos and Dolby Vision across all apps (they don’t come out and say it while advertising , but they insinuate it) then it will exceed anything out there in terms of best formats. I am a Samsung home, so DV isn’t a benefit to me right now, but Atmos, Mini Apps & Aggregator search surely is attractive.

It will do exactly what the Shield already does since they have run on the same platform and are at the mercy of Google and the apps made for each streaming service. 

20 minutes ago, KWD said:

Looks like it will do what every other android device will plus have their own aggregator app? Have to subscribe for the app I’m guessing. 

They are pushing Sling pretty hard. Dish can die in a fire as far as I’m concerned.  

For C4 control it does mean the IRUSB should work. 

The Stream 4k doesn't appear to have a usb port (other than for power?), so I am not sure how the IRUSB would work.

19 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

It won't. There is no indication of being able to load Android apps on it. You can make another USB port w an otg cable. But there won't be a way to sideload

The fact that they mentions apps from the Google Play store would seem to give it away. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.