C4 Forums | Control4

Hidden or Small IP Cameras

5 hours ago, Dinushan Paranavithana said:

I'm looking for hidden type or small IP cameras compatible with C4 which can deliver high quality videos. My customer doesn't like bulky cameras as he's worried about aesthetics. 

Indoors?  Outdoors?  IR/low light needed?

2 hours ago, Dinushan Paranavithana said:

Hi @eggzlot

indoor with low light performance 

going to be tough because small usually equates to no IR therefore bad to no performance in low light situations.  

I have 2 of these in my house - https://www.vivotek.com/fd816c-hf2

because they have poor to no low light performance I have set up some programming to help.  I have one in a hallway and one in my office.  For both areas if the alarm goes off lights in those areas go on ASAP.  the office door stays closed so I also have it where there is a door sensor so whenever the office door opens, the light goes on.  For the hallway, if the alarm is set to stay that means we are asleep, so if my motion sensor senses motion, the hallway light will turn on 

So I have some programming help to get light to those areas during what could be critical times.  In regular room/daylight the cameras are really nice.  Easy to install, PoE, etc.  They also make a fisheye version.

The F Series are smaller for sure - really depends on how you want to mount them, where they are getting mounted, the wiring involved, etc.  I use my Vivotek as domes and they almost look like a smoke detector or something if you look quick - I mean they are even smaller than a smoke but yeah it could easily be mistaken for a smoke, motion sensor, etc.  it certainly does not screen camera at all. 

My dealer wrote a simple driver to bring the cameras into C4.

The cameras backup to my Synology and the Synolody syncs real-time with a 2nd Synology offsite.

I’m pretty sure you can also use the standard C4 camera driver by setting up a URL on the camera, but happy with what I have for now.

These cameras are excellent in very low light.  Even standard yard landscaping lights will be sufficient.  However, you can now get IR bulbs from the likes of LIFX.  Use them in your outside lights, and set the IR to turn on at night.  Very little power draw in IR mode.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.