C4 Forums | Control4

Home Edition question

I have a tv that is turning on and I think it is tied to some type of programming trigger in my project. Is there a way to look at a log file to understand all of the events tied to the device. I am trying to determine what is causing the tv to power on (even after I power off the room)... the tv will turn off when I power off the room but then within a few seconds turns on (and is set to a certain input)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There are some discovery tools to help with this, but I think you need your dealer to use the Pro edition.

Alternatively, your TV may be sensing input on an HDMI channel and turning on automatically - I have a Samsung which was doing this with Chromecast.
I turned off the option in the TV's settings.

40 minutes ago, Steelermedallion said:

Ok. Thanks. It is a Samsung...being controlled by iR.

doesnt matter if it is being controlled by IR

go into the Samsung TV menus and look for Anynet+ and make sure it is disabled.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Control

CEC is when communication to turn things on/off is happening via the HDMI cable and two devices talking to each other over the HDMI cable.  That is what it means in laymans terms.  On Samsung they call their CEC Anynet+.  Make sure it is turned off.  When using C4 to control TV always make sure CEC is off on every device in the chain (TV, AVR, Cable Box, streaming boxes, etc).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.