C4 Forums | Control4

Ecobee Driver Update Functionality

DLite

Question

In the new v12 Ecobee Network driver, the change log reports, "HoldMode selector on 'Set Home Status' doesn't work." 

First off, it is awesome that they finally at least acknowledged this bug, which has been hanging around for a long time, and that they have attempted to address it.  Does anybody know how the updated driver now handles the set home status command?  In my very limited testing with the new driver, it seems that set home status commands only work when the code selects the "permanent" hold mode.  For any other hold mode, issuing the C4 command doesn't seem to have any effect on the thermostats.  Can anyone confirm this or else clarify how the set home status command works in this new version?

If this is indeed how it is working now, it is definitely an improvement over the old version, even though they haven't fixed the bug completely.  Before, the old driver would issue a command that  would always default to "hold until next," which was a royal pain -- needed to keep reissuing the home status commands to prevent the thermostat's internal schedule from overriding the selection.

Anyway, kudos to C4 for a useful update.

15 answers to this question

1)I am still on Ver. 11 how does one go about updating ?

2) also reading documentation of driver in project there is a mention regards driver and sensors. I have 2 sensors should I also have drivers for these?

Thanks

32 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

ARGH!  I wonder why this is so difficult to implement.  I need to go look at Ecobee's API docs to see if it's even supported.. maybe it's not.

Yeah, I agree that is annoying. On the plus side, this version seems a lot more reliable at sending successive commands to multiple Ecobee thermostats.  That's not listed in their bug fixes, so maybe it is just a coincidence so far, but right now that is what is making me the happiest.

19 minutes ago, msgreenf said:
4 hours ago, LollerAgent said:
ARGH!  I wonder why this is so difficult to implement.  I need to go look at Ecobee's API docs to see if it's even supported.. maybe it's not.

Create vacation is an API capability

And just like that, I went from being satisfied with the new driver....to unsatisfied.  Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

And just like that, I went from being satisfied with the new driver....to unsatisfied.  Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
But how would it work? Control4 has no concept or way to do this in the UI. That is why it wasn't implemented IMHO.

3 hours ago, msgreenf said:
7 hours ago, DLite said:

But how would it work? Control4 has no concept or way to do this in the UI. That is why it wasn't implemented IMHO.

You should be able to set "Vacation" in programming, like you already can with "Home," "Away" or "Sleep":

image.png.55960b6fd85300da8e21b24d8f51c7f7.png

13 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

But there is no calendar widget or some way in composer to pick a start and end date

Right - it would need to be set/unset via programming like you already can with other modes.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding..

Use-case:  my "Vacation" keypad button would engage "Vacation mode on my Ecobees.  When I come back from vacation and disable "Vacation Mode," it will go back to "home" or whatever.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.