C4 Forums | Control4

21 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Environment zigbee issues don't necessarily mean it's a control4 wide issue.

What channel is your zigbee on?

25 i believe.  Thing is everything has been fine for years.  Latest software update and Google Nest driver update and now it’s slow and unresponsive at times.

3 minutes ago, amblinfan said:

25 i believe.  Thing is everything has been fine for years.  Latest software update and Google Nest driver update and now it’s slow and unresponsive at times.

If you don't have WiFi interference, I would go to 24. 25 should only be used in high density when every neighbor has a random WiFi channel used for 2.4ghz...

Does anyone know if all the switch options are now of the new design?  Or if not, when they will be?
There are two ranges of lights now.

The existing one. Engraved, back-lit, colour led. Lots of functionality and tech inside and trailing wire connections for wire nuts and speedy installation.

The new range. No engraving, one blue led, no adaptive phase dimmer. Screws not wire nuts.

2 hours ago, C4 User said:

Does anyone know if all the switch options are now of the new design?  Or if not, when they will be?

Control4 did the same thing Lutron did.

Make a cheaper light switch, by making it cheaper. Remove the options, engravings, backlight, multi led, etc. And style just different enough for those who care, to still buy all the more expensive ones so they match.

Make a cheaper light switch, by making it cheaper. Remove the options, engravings, backlight, multi led, etc. And style just different enough for those who care, to still buy all the more expensive ones so they match.
I am installing 2 new ones in closets....so really don't have to match

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:
3 hours ago, RAV said:

I am installing 2 new ones in closets....so really don't have to match

agree with this - if not in the same bank next to each other it is fine.  For walk in closets that you want to sensor, 1 offs in a hallway, etc these are fine and a nice cost savings

hey its better than JUST having an expensive line. I have my entire house (almost 4k sq ft) with c4 lighting and I could easily think of a dozen or more places where these would have worked and saved me $$$.

36 minutes ago, SMHarman said:

I don't think that's really a fair comparison.  Adaptive Phase Dimmers are $180 MSRP.  Forward Phase Dimmers and Switches are $140 MSRP.  The new essentials line are Forward Phase Dimmers and Switches at $85 MSRP (with a lot less wiggle room for dealer discounting I might add).

One thing we have started to notice is that our Phillip Hue Lights are Turning on FASTER than our Control4 lights (We use sensors to turn lights on and off - Axxess) and on the announcements  - Sonos is faster than our T3 Touchscreen at playing the announcement

We are running a HC800 on 3.1.2 

Not saying the Control4 Stuff is slow its not - Everything else is faster  

I don't think that's really a fair comparison.  Adaptive Phase Dimmers are $180 MSRP.  Forward Phase Dimmers and Switches are $140 MSRP.  The new essentials line are Forward Phase Dimmers and Switches at $85 MSRP (with a lot less wiggle room for dealer discounting I might add).
Fair point.

I was searching for the MSRP for the current range and struggling to find it.

I pay slightly less than that to my dealer.

48 minutes ago, Don Cohen said:

With regard to the 3.1.2 upgrade itself - would it be fair to conclude that it's been out long enough so that any significant problems would have already been noted and reported?

Yes... the only bugs I have noticed are:

1. Some default volume issues if you are using the old default volume (it sometimes mutes by default).  This is easily solved by moving to the newer Room Control driver and using this for default volume.

2. The DS2 has 2 bugs that I am aware of in the newest driver / firmware (not really an OS issue). These bugs are both a recurrence of previous (fixed) bugs which is a bit irritating.

1 minute ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Yes... the only bugs I have noticed are:

1. Some default volume issues if you are using the old default volume (it sometimes mutes by default).  This is easily solved by moving to the newer Room Control driver and using this for default volume.

2. The DS2 has 2 bugs that I am aware of in the newest driver / firmware (not really an OS issue). These bugs are both a recurrence of previous (fixed) bugs which is a bit irritating.

Thanks for the reply.

What are the DS2 bugs you're referring to?  Since I'm already somewhat unhappy with the DS2 Mini (poor night mode, and I still have the frequent "Poor Video Connection" error using the Intercom either by T3 or Android Phone App), I'd hate to take a step backwards.

Just now, Don Cohen said:

Thanks for the reply.

What are the DS2 bugs you're referring to?  Since I'm already somewhat unhappy with the DS2 Mini (poor night mode, and I still have the frequent "Poor Video Connection" error using the Intercom either by T3 or Android Phone App), I'd hate to take a step backwards.

Initiating a group call from the DS2 via programming does not work (again).  Very few people use this feature.

The snapshots sent become out of sync time wise a day or two after the director has been rebooted in some setups.

Our country rep is aware of (and has, I understand) replicated both issues, so hopefully they will be fixed before long.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.