C4 Forums | Control4

OS 3.0 Favorites Pages

Matt Lowe

First post! 

Just curious what others are doing with their Favorites page with OS 3.0 what do you like to have handy, has the favorites page been useful or no?

I have mine as the default room for the C4 app have security cameras sensors lighting all at one touch and a away timer so i can set it and walk out the door if i am not in my car.

heres a screen shot.

Capture%20_2020-03-09-13-23-43.png

11 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

First post! 

Just curious what others are doing with their Favorites page with OS 3.0 what do you like to have handy, has the favorites page been useful or no?

I have mine as the default room for the C4 app have security cameras sensors lighting all at one touch and a away timer so i can set it and walk out the door if i am not in my car.

heres a screen shot.

Capture%20_2020-03-09-13-23-43.png

Matt whats the away from Home Button Do ? 

you can fav. pandora, xm, iheart station direct to fav. page.. I don't seem to be able to fav, amazon stations!  I have main doors on fav. to see open/closed status, security, door lock, ceiling fans, roku cjannels, cameras and all custom buttons for House modes, sound modes, video adjustments..

14 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Matt whats the away from Home Button Do ? 

I use it as a countdown timer for any situation i leave my home not from my work vehicle which has my Card access remote to shut down the house.

so if my wife or i leave the house. I simply select a time. when the time expires c4 shuts the garage door arms the security turns off all AV, lights. This way if we are loading from the garage or doing a few things before i leave i can take out my phone set a time and forget it as we drive off in to the sunset...

11 hours ago, c4toys said:

you can fav. pandora, xm, iheart station direct to fav. page.. I don't seem to be able to fav, amazon stations!  I have main doors on fav. to see open/closed status, security, door lock, ceiling fans, roku cjannels, cameras and all custom buttons for House modes, sound modes, video adjustments..

may be that the amazon driver does not support that feature. might be something they add later on.

11 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

I use it as a countdown timer for any situation i leave my home not from my work vehicle which has my Card access remote to shut down the house.

so if my wife or i leave the house. I simply select a time. when the time expires c4 shuts the garage door arms the security turns off all AV, lights. This way if we are loading from the garage or doing a few things before i leave i can take out my phone set a time and forget it as we drive off in to the sunset...

I've got the same although the main version of this that I use is linked to an “Exit and Arm” button at my garage door which when doubleclicked starts the timer (defaulted to 5 minutes). Single clicking the same button does not do the “close garage doors” but waits 1 minute and then the next time all security zones are inactive the security system arms, lights go out (except for night lights), TVs go off!

Each room essentially has it's own favorites page, which is the customizable page you'd see when you navigate to that room.  You could make a "Favorites" room if you wanted to nest certain things together in one spot though.  To favorite a macro you'd just want to tie it to an experience or custom button and favorite that. 

16 hours ago, Bryan Phelps said:

Is there a default favorites page or do you have to create a room called “favorites”. Also, how do you favorite a macro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep as stafford said. In this instance i just create a room called favorites and added the features i wanted to it.

I have a room called 'Main Sensors' that I use for all the sensors around the main floor that I want to get a quick status on.  It includes:

• Garage Doors (using the garagedoor_relay_control.c4z. driver, so I can see open/closed/partial status)
  • Outside Doors (using the Auto Lock driver, so I can tell lock and door status simultaneously)
  • Link to Cameras
  • Inside sensors that I care about

I then favorite that room on touchpanels and my phone, so I can swipe over to it quickly.

https://imgur.com/qtr5tb4

RyanE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.