C4 Forums | Control4

Hue Motion Sensor and Driver

Vahn

I've been evaluating the Hue Motion Sensor and the 3rd party driver from Unilogiq for about a month. It's currently connected via the Phillips Hue bridge v1. Everything has been fine and integrates with my a handful of Hue Lights and Lighting Strips (also on C4).

v1 of the Bridge is effectively deprecated.

Any known issues with moving the Motion Sensor to v2 of the Bridge? I like the color changing lights and the integration with C4 is sufficient enough for my purposes. I would like to go to v2 so I can use some of the newer hardware, features, and capabilities it offers.

Anyone running the Hue Motion Sensor on v2 of the Bridge and/or had migrated from one to the other? I would prefer not have both v1 and v2 bridges since that means 2 Hue-specific apps for fine-tuning in addition the standard C4 app for basic on/off stuff. I am not using any of the geo-location routines or anythign like that. All the lights are turned on/off by C4 programming (except when something breaks, which has only happened once so far.)

TL;DR - Does the Driver and the Motion Sensor work ok with Hue Bridge v2?

• 2 weeks later...

I got it up and running on the v2 Bridge. It's just too sensitive. Even when at the lowest sensitive setting between the 3 options. It's a like a wind just will set it off. Anyway I am not thinking out to dial it in better that what I can do in the driver properties now? 

The range is just two far out for what I want to do with it.

(Edited for fat fingering typos.)

• 1 month later...

The driver is independent of the bridge version. The sensors are compatible until now with all 3 HW revisions of the bridge (there are two different HW versions of the v2).

Depends on the hight and number of animals crossing the sensor :D you might need to change the motion sensibility. For me the medium sensitivity works best at 2.5m height looking down the stairs (only 3 values for motion are available).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.