C4 Forums | Control4

IR Codes

I have a Panasonic TH-55FX640Z (I think)

It has a few useful local apps such as:
   LightBox
   Spark Sport
   TVNZ

What are my chances of finding an IR code for each app so I can get a watch list option directly linked?

The remote has a 'Netflix' button and a 'MyApp' button.
So I can link one of these local apps to the MyApp and use it's IR code.
I'm hoping I can find IR codes for all the apps.

Any ideas how to find the code and how to know if they exist?

I found dedicated IR codes for HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3, Component - even though my remote uses a menu sequence to change the source.

I guess I'll just have to write macros to do the button clicks for the apps.

not ideal, but has worked for me with other options....

On 3/24/2020 at 8:27 AM, Crustyloafer said:

Or just buy a Roku and then you can have shortcuts to pretty much any app.

I bought Roku, only to find Roku does not yet have the Disney app or Amazon Prime and many others enabled outside of the USA.

I can use Roku for Youtube, AppleTV and Netflix - it works really well!

I currently need to use my TV for the other apps though (as far as I know)

So just looking to program the shortcuts as best as possible - the menu->arrow->arrow->select is not the ideal options....

55 minutes ago, Crustyloafer said:

I'm in the UK and my Roku has both the Amazon Prime and Disney+ apps,

Would you always prefer to use Roku over a TVs mini apps? Looked at going over to it but in the UK it’s over wi-fi only which sort of put me off. 

2 minutes ago, tdougray said:

Would you always prefer to use Roku over a TVs mini apps? Looked at going over to it but in the UK it’s over wi-fi only which sort of put me off. 

I totally understand the reluctance to use a Wi-Fi only device. The main benefit is not only the wide range of apps available on the Roku but also the broad support/availability of mini drivers for each app allowing instant and direct access to those apps directly from the home screen.

Most TV brands with IP drivers only support a very small number of mini apps, only the Annex4 driver for LG WebOS TVs offer a wider selection than the 1-2 usually available on the C4 database IP drivers and then, good though it is, that driver costs well in excess of any Roku product.

24 minutes ago, tdougray said:

Have you experienced any major problems with Wi-Fi and I take it it’s the “roku premier “ you’d suggest?

or +?

Not experienced any major issues with Wi-Fi as long and Wi-Fi and network are solid where it will be located.

Tend to use the Streaming Stick+ a lot as just stick one behind each TV and then add a separate Roku driver and Mini drivers for each one. A much nicer experience than using the built in apps on the TV and with it being a solid IP driver it is fast and responsive too. If going in a rack then the Roku Premiere is a good option too, but I still prefer the Streaming Stick+  as it has it's wifi antenna but into the USB power cable. I then get a micro USB extension cable so the section of cable with the Wi-Fi antenna in it can be extended outside of the rack.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.