C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 showing camera slow

When there is motion on ds2 camera I get fast alert. But when I open control 4 app on iPhone 8 on fast internet away from home it uses long time to open app and to open security camera. Like 30 sec total like 50/50, enough for people to go away. Is there any fix for this? It have been like this for a long time. I think it’s using more and more time but I don’t have measured the time. 

30 seconds is a long time. Could be a router issue. Are you using the ISP router?

Regarding the motion alerts, are you getting alot of false motion alerts from that DS2 cam? Most people I know, do not have alerts on motion for the DS2 camera

I don’t think it’s the router because I get notification about motion outside in a few seconds. It’s opening the app and waiting for camera  that takes along time. I’m use my normal router through google Wifi and  4sight when I’m outside house. 

I get a few false alarms each day, like when night light go on and off and if there is strong sun but that doesn’t happen to often... but I’m using it because It’s not always the phone is connected to intercom(don’t know why) 

when somebody is calling through intercom, is there a way to mute it with iPhone app? It’s a high sound no matter what settings I have on iPhone and not Aibel to mute it. Same for you?

But it mean that it could go faster to establish a connection? If I'm at the same network using wifi on phone, it takes about 5-6 seconds before I can watch the camera. 

When I tried it again now without wifi, it used like 15 seconds for opening control4 app, and 7-8 seconds for opening the camera streak. Total 23 seconds this time. A little faster then last time I meassured.

I currently have 4G connection, download speed: 39,3Mbps and upload 27,4Mps. ping 23ms, jitter 12ms, 0% loss.

I'm using google wireless mesh router yes. It was not better when I used the ISP router.

Do you have any suggestions to what router? I can't understand that it's the google mesh router that is the problem. I have 200Mps up / down and can use the entire bandwidth if I'm outside the home network. Is it possible to trace the signal to see where the delay is? I have other ip cameras home, who I can connect outside the network in a few seconds.

What C4 OS is your system on? Do you have other mobile devices you can test with and do they act the same? It sounds like this has been an out standing issue... has it ever work "quickly" since being installed? Do those other cams also run through the C4 UI and are they quick to load? I wouldn't go swapping out your network quite yet.. and the list of "approved" networking from Control4 is pretty poor.

3.1.1.569774. I have tested on a android unit as well, it’s very similar To IOS units. its connecting to my system inside the Control4 app that takes the biggest amount of time, like 15 seconds. I’m in Norway, could that be a problem? But when I’m connected to my system the response is good, but loading camera takes about 3-4 seconds on overview side, and another 3 seconds ++ to load then I join solo camera. The other cams is not in c4 yet. 
I think everything was faster before I got upgraded to 3xxx. But never very fast, but I don’t have any time on that..

And your comment on the Intercom app - yeah, it’s awful. Decent functionality but the way it over rides your phone with a siren no matter whether you’re on Do Not Disturb or silent is insane. I’m frankly shocked Apple allows an app to bypass those settings. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.