C4 Forums | Control4

Webhooks Outbound. Ifttt maker

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or I'm doing something wrong or else.

Try not to laugh. Working on controlling Ecobee thermostat over Ifttt,  like many cloud based services it worked best up until it is not. and in general i want to figure out the way to outbound commands  from C4 to IFTTT, I know i've done it at the time of IFTTT maker installation, just for testing,but  now I can't redo it. first I would love to confirm the webhooks part of IFTTT maker still does works, A and Your fresh look at my screenshots. 

Thank You.

CompActn.JPG

CompActCh.JPG

IFTTTCapture.JPG

Edited by goldencat
gramatics

21 hours ago, goldencat said:

And in general i want to figure out the way to outbound commands  from C4 to IFTTT, I know i've done it at the time of IFTTT maker installation, just for testing, but  now I can't redo it. first I would love to confirm the webhooks part of IFTTT maker still does works, And Your fresh look at my screenshots. 

Thank You.

As of yesterday non of those drivers works, While Google Assistant does. And I would live to be able to trigger IFTTT by C4

7 hours ago, goldencat said:

Anyone using IFTTT maker and webhooks can confirm whether it is working or not???

Just tested again just now to be sure and it works fine.

Some troubleshooting steps.

1. Verify active driver licence
  2. Verify IFTTT Key matches what you've got in your IFTTT account
  3. Verify that the Event and Values match (note case sensitive)

If all of that fails please submit a ticket and we'll look further.

Thank you for response,  I'm appreciate it. I think all of that verified by the fact pushover part is working, unless key is responsible for Webhooks only. while "Pushover Secret" and "Pushover Password" for Pushover.

Can you Check screenshots above 

Thank you for great service

I noticed this in lua command "Encrypted Driver or Execute Not Allowed" doesn't stop over applets to work, I'm mot sure what  to make of it.

I just created new Home Assistant to control4 applet just fot testing and worked. Can't make Control4 to IFTTT

I had a couple issues over the last week. I was able to get it working again by re authenticating my pushover credentials. When i had issues i watched logs and noted that my pushover messages were sending something like the last 20+ messages all at once and everytime it was triggered it would mass send again causing the IFTTT Maker driver to not trigger properly. I had to reauthenticate twice and its been a few days now with no issues. 

Not sure if that helps. 

7 minutes ago, coredyn said:

I had a couple issues over the last week. I was able to get it working again by re authenticating my pushover credentials. When i had issues i watched logs and noted that my pushover messages were sending something like the last 20+ messages all at once and everytime it was triggered it would mass send again causing the IFTTT Maker driver to not trigger properly. I had to reauthenticate twice and its been a few days now with no issues. 

Not sure if that helps. 

In my case Pushover part has been working very well for months (more then 6) as close to the perfect as it gets, I actually like it better over C4 home assistant new driver. Seems to be faster. If I may ask: What is Your local network build of?? Also I would check if it wasn't me creating self repeating loop. 

4 hours ago, coredyn said:

Not sure if that helps. 

This actually is a seperate problem which appeared at the end of last week when pushover's message ID's went over a certain limit and Control4 was converting it to scientific notation.  We updated the driver so it should be ok now.

On 3/30/2020 at 3:23 AM, goldencat said:

Thank you for response,  I'm appreciate it. I think all of that verified by the fact pushover part is working, unless key is responsible for Webhooks only. while "Pushover Secret" and "Pushover Password" for Pushover.

Can you Check screenshots above 

Thank you for great service

The pushover portion is seperate and has nothing to do with outbound communications.

• 4 weeks later...

@alanchow is the issue you described causing multiple pushover messages to be sent? 

My IFTTT has been flawless for over a year until about 1 week ago.

I have an event triggered in IFTTT when I leave home to send a Pushover notification to C4 to trigger an event back to IFTTT to send a notificaiton to my phone telling me if the garage door is closed and the alarm is on. 

I can see in IFTTT the single event being triggered leaving home 2 days ago but C4 recieved the pushover 6 times over 2 days causing several notifications to my phone. 

I also had an event from google assistant to open the garage door and it recieved 2 pushover notification in the middle of the night to open the door the other night. Needless to say I have disabled all pushover comands in the mean time.   

1 hour ago, Jas0r said:

@alanchow is the issue you described causing multiple pushover messages to be sent? 

My IFTTT has been flawless for over a year until about 1 week ago.

I have an event triggered in IFTTT when I leave home to send a Pushover notification to C4 to trigger an event back to IFTTT to send a notificaiton to my phone telling me if the garage door is closed and the alarm is on. 

I can see in IFTTT the single event being triggered leaving home 2 days ago but C4 recieved the pushover 6 times over 2 days causing several notifications to my phone. 

I also had an event from google assistant to open the garage door and it recieved 2 pushover notification in the middle of the night to open the door the other night. Needless to say I have disabled all pushover comands in the mean time.   

Yep.  Update the driver and you’ll be fine.

35 minutes ago, Jas0r said:

Hmm the driver central says last checkin was 24/4 and auto updates are on. Is there any trick to force an update, or does the dealer need to do that from within the driver central portal?

Weird.  driverCentral tells me that there is nobody running that version of the driver.  I can try to force an update for people on older versions but your dealer may need to get involved.

1 hour ago, alanchow said:

Weird.  driverCentral tells me that there is nobody running that version of the driver.  I can try to force an update for people on older versions but your dealer may need to get involved.

There is another issue with the driver, installed in the project and used fine however DC saying it's not linked to the project in the portal?

2 minutes ago, Amr said:

There is another issue with the driver, installed in the project and used fine however DC saying it's not linked to the project in the portal?

you'll need to reach out to driverCentral for that.  We don't handle the licencing side.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.