C4 Forums | Control4

Motion sensor question

I installed the one you linked to, several months ago, and am very satisfied with it.  I'm actually using it outdoors, semi-protected, at my front door.  They don't guarantee it will last for that application, but so far so good, and I have had others report long-term success with it, when outside, unprotected.

I just installed some of the DSC LC-100PI to add motion to the interior of my garage. In one instance I connected to a C4-z2IO and in another connected to my HC800 to trigger lights and timer for occupancy.

First time doing this but seems to work. Not sure how it compares to the others mentioned.

1 hour ago, Bmwbball88 said:

Hello,

I’m in the market for a motion sensor. (Mainly to turn lights on ).  Anyone have a hidden gem that is cheaper than the Control4 ones?  
I saw these axxess ones also but didn’t know if anyone used other ones. Thanks all

https://www.axxind.com/smarthome/motion-sensor/

BAS suggestion of using a security motion directly to an iO is a very inexpensive and reliable way to do this. The above mentioned Axxess sensor is great. Do you have Control4 lighting?..with ambient light sensors/environment readouts you can have automatic control light levels durning the day and truly have smart lighting. 

So I found this nyce one:

NCZ-3041C4
however it says can only be purchased through a dealer.  I’m new to this c4 env so only have my local dealer atm.   Do you guys use any online ones for cheaper prices?

I was going to put in a dsc security system this summer and that would certainly be the cheapest option but my wife wants the motion sensor now :)

and yes I do have full control4 lighting (centralized) and the keypads too.  Are there sensors in the keypads?

2 hours ago, AVNeeds said:

How many are you looking for in theory? No, unfortunately you need an external light sensor to really make automatic light dimming work correctly.

Just 1 for now to do automatic lights in our master closet (They are already a scene but just need something to trigger them on and then I'll do some countdown programming in a variable to turn it off automatically)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.