C4 Forums | Control4

Camera interface/Recording interface

Blac

Question

I had a C4 system at my old house, loved it. The only thing I absolutely hated was the camera system interface. It seems clunky and not user friendly. Only being able to truly go back and access recordings from inside the C4 system on a TV. No mobile play back. No ability to really access it from my computer and pull up all cameras and easily select a section from one camera and zoom in. It really seemed that the cameras were lacking. I had all lilin cameras and just was not a fan of the setup.

Anybody have solutions on a better route to go with the C4 setup in my new house? I'd like a easy to use interface where I can pull recordings from specific times easily, have mobile access to pull up specific time frames and things of that nature.

1 answer to this question

34 minutes ago, Blac said:

I had a C4 system at my old house, loved it. The only thing I absolutely hated was the camera system interface. It seems clunky and not user friendly. Only being able to truly go back and access recordings from inside the C4 system on a TV. No mobile play back. No ability to really access it from my computer and pull up all cameras and easily select a section from one camera and zoom in. It really seemed that the cameras were lacking. I had all lilin cameras and just was not a fan of the setup.

Anybody have solutions on a better route to go with the C4 setup in my new house? I'd like a easy to use interface where I can pull recordings from specific times easily, have mobile access to pull up specific time frames and things of that nature.

To clarify, I assume the Control4 system gave you DVR remote control and a video feed to a TV but that is different than viewing it THROUGH the Control4 interface. How old was this system because Lilin has provided mobile playback for a long time. They also make great cameras (which is why Control4 preferred them and eventually released a rebranded "Pakedge" version more recently before the Snap purchase. 

I would stick with Lilin or Luma(Snap). The Lilin app is one of easier to use and clearly to navigate versus others including Hikvison, Luma (rebranded Hikvison), Axis, ICRealtime etc. Reviewing recorded video on the app is a single slider which makes it easy to "look" for an incident .The Luma app is like Hik and is fine to use but is a bit cumbersome also having limitations on recorded viewing.  Both brands will give you the most possibilities  and best support for integration with Control4. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.