C4 Forums | Control4

Announcements WAV files are missing

Hi all, I've checked the forums, and I see several other people had a similar issue... unfortunately, the solutions on these threads didn't work for me....

https://www.c4forums.com/topic/32513-announcements-audio-file/
https://www.c4forums.com/topic/26634-adding-wav-file-to-announcements/
https://www.c4forums.com/topic/29717-annoucements-continued/
https://www.c4forums.com/topic/22851-cant-add-wav-files-to-announcements/

Thanks to @Dunamivora @Cyknight @ILoveControl and others for these posts. Maybe you guys can help!

I am having the same issue, I believe. When I click on Agents | Announcements, my three pre-set Announcements load. When I click on one of them, the "Play Audio File" box is unchecked, and there is nothing loading up in the dropdown box. When I try to add a new WAV file, I get the error message "the user name or password is incorrect."

- I have enabled SMB1 on Windows 10 Home Edition
- I have set my network to "private"
- I have enabled "insecure guest logins" by entering this command at admin prompt: "net user guest /active:yes"

Any further ideas? Super frustrating to have all of my doorbell Announcements fail. Thank you in advance to the awesome C4 gurus on these forums! 

- Michael

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.39.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.52.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.51.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.51.03 PM.png

20 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

I know you are using WIndows on Parallels on a Mac...I wonder if that causes problems.  I don't know the answer but perhaps others might?

Ari, my announcements load up just fine in Parellels with Windows 10 on my iMac so I don't think that's the issue. 

I was having issues with them showing up on my Windows 10 PC, but changed the network to private and that fixed the issue so thanks to the OP for mentioning that!

There is a setting in the configuration menu in Parallels for Mac under hardware, change the network type to default instead of shared (the recommended setting). I have the same issue with Crestron in device discovery that setting allows windows to connect to media for some reason. just beware every now and then I have to switch back case it has a issue getting a IP address.

On 3/31/2020 at 7:54 PM, cohnhead said:

@chopedogg88 Close -- I'm using Win10 Home on VirtualBox on a Mac... do you think that is the root of the problem? Win10 seems to be operating fine on the network. 

This is probably the problem. I have used Parallels on a Mac for years and it has to be set up correctly just like any VM. I haven't used VirtualBox myself but I know professional technicians who have switched because of the problems they have had.

I am NOT running any VM and I have done all of the above including more from the KB. I still get the error of "can't access this shared folder because of security policies". Everything was fine and then poof, gone. Running 3.1.2. Same thing for uploading images through Composer.

I have deleted all announcements and tried from scratch. I have pulled off every security I can think of. Lanman Workstation, Private Network, SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support. 

Anyone have any other ideas? 

• 3 months later...

Try this worked for me.

Re-Enable the guest account fallback ,
  • Go into Local Group Policy Editor.
  • Navigate into Administrative Templates - Network - Lanman Workstation.
  • Then the Setting : Enable insecure guest logons has to be set to "Enable". Enable : Allow guest usage and solve the problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.