C4 Forums | Control4

How to remove/find Variable Agent

I have in the Detective Suite the following:

Variables Agent

UNKNOWN ITEM EVENT: [Variables] / 650

If Variables > Party Mode is True

Turn off the Kitchen > BuffetHallTableLight1

I believe that this means that I removed a variable at some time and the code is still there. Since I don't know the variable name that I removed, I cannot call up the programming to remove it. 

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Good idea - 

Does this cause any issues in the home? i.e. obviously it will wipe out definitions that are current etc. but I can just look and then restore the latest backup and be back where I was? I have never done that on a client before so I just don't want to cause issues.

Thanks,

Bil

Not just OCD - the problem is that I seem to have a number of these - and consequently I am not sure what is no longer working and what is.

I wouldl ove to be better at removing things that should not be there.

It would really be cool if there was a way to show what it used to be and then let you manually remove it.

Bill

14 hours ago, TexasBill said:

Good idea - 

Does this cause any issues in the home? i.e. obviously it will wipe out definitions that are current etc. but I can just look and then restore the latest backup and be back where I was? I have never done that on a client before so I just don't want to cause issues.

Thanks,

Bil

No I meant load it up in Virtual Director.

While it would show you what it would have done in the past, this wouldn't allow you to remove it.

You'd have to redo any work done after the fact after step by step clearing the programming, then the events, and then as said make any changes manually again that were done to your system after the fact.

21 hours ago, TexasBill said:

and consequently I am not sure what is no longer working and what is

If it says unknown event, it won't be doing anything.

UNLESS you're looking to recreate some of the programming that was accidentally lost, you're on a wild goose chase.

1 hour ago, Cyknight said:

While it would show you what it would have done in the past, this wouldn't allow you to remove it.

You'd have to redo any work done after the fact after step by step clearing the programming, then the events, and then as said make any changes manually again that were done to your system after the fact.

If it says unknown event, it won't be doing anything.

UNLESS you're looking to recreate some of the programming that was accidentally lost, you're on a wild goose chase.

Totally get it -

My plan was to find out what the trigger was - determine if I still wanted that trigger - did I rename it, mess it up somehow?

Then I can put back the trigger and then the code should become available again and then I can remove it or delete it or change it as necessary.

I am right about the code then being available once the trigger is back?

Bill

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.