C4 Forums | Control4

Remote programming needed

I have some remote programming needed as well as some onsite stuff.

Here are the basics for remote

I have a remote that needs to be connected - SR250

I have 5-7 embernet light switches that need to be upgraded and then connected to the system

I am gonna get a new TV to replace one that I have.

I think I am running either 2.9 or 3.?? - wanted to upgrade to the newest thing.

Onsite - in Raleigh, NC

I have a non working TV - I think the Baluns are messed up. - They are SnapAV.

I want to install a TV outside and connect it to my matrix, run wires, bunch of crap.

Got one Video camera not working.

Give me your best price.  

If you're on 2.9.1 or 3.x embernet upgrades are not supported.  Just an FYI.  2.5.3 or earlier.  You'd have to roll a controller back (assuming you have an old enough controller that even does the embernet upgrade) , create a temporary system, get them to zigbee pro, get that controller back as part of your main system, then get the switches into the main system.  I'd be terrified to do that remotely, lol.   

32 minutes ago, mstafford388 said:

If you're on 2.9.1 or 3.x embernet upgrades are not supported.  Just an FYI.  2.5.3 or earlier.  You'd have to roll a controller back (assuming you have an old enough controller that even does the embernet upgrade) , create a temporary system, get them to zigbee pro, get that controller back as part of your main system, then get the switches into the main system.  I'd be terrified to do that remotely, lol.   

You can no longer roll controllers back on recent versions. He would have to register a legacy controller with a dealer someone could hit it remotely if they could get into the LAN. Upgrade lighting to z pro and re identify on the newer control system so its not a horrible process. I could potentially help. What networking to do have?  Are you looking for a on site tech as well? 

You can see easily on a remote thats active what or the app which OS you are on.

3 minutes ago, AVNeeds said:

You can no longer roll controllers back on recent versions. He would have to register a legacy controller with a dealer someone could hit it remotely if they could get into the LAN. Upgrade lighting to z pro and re identify on the newer control system so its not a horrible process. I could potentially help. What networking to do have?  Are you looking for a on site tech as well? 

You can see easily on a remote thats active what or the app which OS you are on.

Sure you can in this scenario.  Factory default that HC300 he's talking about and it'll go back to whatever it was shipped on which is going to be old enough.  

HC300 is not a recent controller and hasn't been supported for many versions...  Read my whole post.

2 minutes ago, mstafford388 said:

Sure you can in this scenario.  Factory default that HC300 he's talking about and it'll go back to whatever it was shipped on which is going to be old enough.  

1 minute ago, AVNeeds said:

HC300 is not a recent controller and hasn't been supported for many versions...  Read my whole post.

Obviously he needs a legacy controller in this scenario though to even be able to do the embernet upgrade so don't get snippy over information that isn't even relevant to the guys needs.  

1 minute ago, mstafford388 said:

Obviously he needs a legacy controller in this scenario though to even be able to do the embernet upgrade so don't get snippy over information that isn't even relevant to the guys needs.  

It's important.. feel free to completely miss the point.

4 minutes ago, Viperman said:

My HC300 has 2.5 on it already.  I have a couple laying around.

most stuff can be done remotely, but if someone was local.  some stuff could be done locally as well.  Hard to hang a TV remotely.

Thats a start. PM me and we can talk. 

Just now, AVNeeds said:

It's important.. feel free to completely miss the point.

Thats a start. PM me and we can talk. 

haha I'm not sure what point you're trying to make that is actually helpful to the OP.  new controllers don't roll back.  Ok, he doesn't need to do that anyway.  I get it, everyone needs to point out all the things they know.  Welcome to the forum.  

25 minutes ago, mstafford388 said:

haha I'm not sure what point you're trying to make that is actually helpful to the OP.  new controllers don't roll back.  Ok, he doesn't need to do that anyway.  I get it, everyone needs to point out all the things they know.  Welcome to the forum.  

I am trying to help him as asked. Are you going to?

6 hours ago, Viperman said:

My HC300 has 2.5 on it already.  I have a couple laying around.

most stuff can be done remotely, but if someone was local.  some stuff could be done locally as well.  Hard to hang a TV remotely.

What is your location? Hard to find a onsite tech without this... I would hold off on remote programming.. ie., I'm not overly excited to come hang a tv for you. Now with that said, you also want some C4 programming, troubleshoot issues.. I would be happier to roll a truck for a couple hrs worth of work... Yes anyone can hang a TV, question is how many hands do you want in your system

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.