C4 Forums | Control4

Professionals opinion, please

ILoveC4

I've had Control4 since 2006, and I've always done things a certain way. I'd like to know, without anyone knowing how I accomplish things, how they might accomplish something.

I've got a room with a keypad dimmer. One of the Keypads is Audio On/Off, and another is Audio Source.

I want the Audio On/Off button to turn the audio off if it's on, and turn the audio on to a certain iHeartRadio station if it's off. When the audio is ON I want the LED to light up blue. When the audio is OFF, I want the LED to be turned off.

When the audio source button is pressed, I want it to toggle through 3 different iHeartRadio stations, and 2 different Pandora stations. When the Audio Source is iHeartRadio I want that LED to be red. When it's Pandora I want it to Blue. When someone is airplaying to that rooom (which happens often) I want the Audio Source LED to be GREEN. When there isn't an active audio source, I want the Audio Source button LED to be off. I also want the Audio Source button to turn the room on to the first iHeartRadio station, if the room isn't on when the Audio Source button is pressed.

If anyone is willing to answer how they would tackle that, I'd really appreciate it. Over the years I've spent countless hours crafting verbose replies to similar questions so I know it can be time consuming. I'm trying to take the opportunity right now to expand my horizons a little bit. Thanks in advance.

Alright, I will tackle this.

Please see my reply later today as I will have to build it my self.

PS.
My name is Mike and I have taken over VINCELdUB’s account as he is no longer here.
I will strive to continue providing the care and attention to detail as he did.
Happy Automating!!

I don't have the exact lines of programming from composer but here is a few things that hopefully help :

1) Definitely use room control driver. Will make your life so much easier. 

2) For the LED's, you can program each source per the LED. When Audio Selection changes, If Pandora/IheartRadio/Whatever is selected, Then Set LED Current on keypad button you want.

3) For Cycling through sources, with room control driver It has either 4 or 5 sources you can choose in the driver properties and then connect the Audio Source Button to the room control driver Binding. It will cycle through the sources you have selected in the driver as you press the button.

Room Control Driver seems like your best friend in this project. It will save you countless hours of programming .

1 hour ago, ILoveC4 said:

I've had Control4 since 2006, and I've always done things a certain way. I'd like to know, without anyone knowing how I accomplish things, how they might accomplish something.

I've got a room with a keypad dimmer. One of the Keypads is Audio On/Off, and another is Audio Source.

I want the Audio On/Off button to turn the audio off if it's on, and turn the audio on to a certain iHeartRadio station if it's off. When the audio is ON I want the LED to light up blue. When the audio is OFF, I want the LED to be turned off.

When the audio source button is pressed, I want it to toggle through 3 different iHeartRadio stations, and 2 different Pandora stations. When the Audio Source is iHeartRadio I want that LED to be red. When it's Pandora I want it to Blue. When someone is airplaying to that rooom (which happens often) I want the Audio Source LED to be GREEN. When there isn't an active audio source, I want the Audio Source button LED to be off. I also want the Audio Source button to turn the room on to the first iHeartRadio station, if the room isn't on when the Audio Source button is pressed.

If anyone is willing to answer how they would tackle that, I'd really appreciate it. Over the years I've spent countless hours crafting verbose replies to similar questions so I know it can be time consuming. I'm trying to take the opportunity right now to expand my horizons a little bit. Thanks in advance.

Use the Room Control driver.  It's simple.

4 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

Use the Room Control driver.  It's simple.

I'm familiar with the Room Control driver, and I have used it. I appreciate you replying. Just looking for opinions on how a pro would handle the nuances around the various LED's changing color when certain events happen, etc...

Just now, ILoveC4 said:

I'm familiar with the Room Control driver, and I have used it. I appreciate you replying. Just looking for opinions on how a pro would handle the nuances around the various LED's changing color when certain events happen, etc...

Ah, so yeah, I just have simple programming triggered by Room Control functions that set the LED on my "Music" button (green for spotify, blue for XM, etc).  I also have additional programming that sets the "Music" LED to "white" when any music in the rom is on (started outside of the room control functionality, etc).

4 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

Are you bored during quarantine? I'd commission it if the fee were reasonable.

Still working full-time, and with the yard coming online, I'm busy enough, thanks.

Not to mention, Control4 doesn't really approve of commissioned work 'off the clock'.

RyanE

11 hours ago, VINCELdUB said:

Alright, I will tackle this.

Please see my reply later today as I will have to build it my self.

PS.
My name is Mike and I have taken over VINCELdUB’s account as he is no longer here.
I will strive to continue providing the care and attention to detail as he did.
Happy Automating!!

Where did VInce take off to? He leave Chiilwack or just AVU?

On 4/6/2020 at 11:49 AM, ILoveC4 said:

Since your familiar with the room control driver, then unless I am not reading your question right, is the answer to your question

Room control driver to configure the source and presets-- 

Room control driver to program like this

When entered listen mode:

? If room selected audio device is "Pandora"

Set keypad LED to xxxx

I do that on most of my keypads and is why the room control driver is in every room 

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2020 at 8:32 PM, Tokead said:

Where did VInce take off to? He leave Chiilwack or just AVU?

I'm wondering the same thing :( I heard Vince Yost passed away.... I am truly saddened if this is the case. I was good "virtual" buddies with him and I was hoping to get some answers as to what exactly happened to him back in February.  Anyone have any information? thanks

I'm wondering the same thing  I heard Vince Yost passed away.... I am truly saddened if this is the case. I was good "virtual" buddies with him and I was hoping to get some answers as to what exactly happened to him back in February.  Anyone have any information? thanks

Seriously, Vince passed away? That would be very sad, poor family.

11 minutes ago, blub said:

Seriously, Vince passed away? That would be very sad, poor family.

I know :( Amen.... I texted his cell # a bunch of times and finally on April 4th someone responded saying "he has passed".  I tried asking what all happend but no response.... sigh

I know  Amen.... I texted his cell # a bunch of times and finally on April 4th someone responded saying "he has passed".  I tried asking what all happend but no response.... sigh

Oh, that is really sad. I wish the best for his friends and family

Level of quantum confusion is reached, Vince account posts that Vince isn't here anymore, which can mean multiple meanings, then someone posts that he "passed away", which doesn't contradicts the post made by Vinces' account and now Vinces' account posts that he alive and well - damn I need a strong drink now to get that sorted , sadly I am at work and alcohol isn't allowed...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.