C4 Forums | Control4

Networx NX-8E and 584e Setup

So I have been trying to understand these instructions for a couple of days.  Any assistance would be appreciate, Dealer doesn't know this panel too well.

Any help would be appreciated,  Trying to figure out how to configure this unit.  Any suggestions?  I am pretty sure I have it configured correctly but I don't know what configs the C4 needs to see my panel.  Lights are flashing for data being received but C4 cannot read anything.  

interlog (Large).jpg

IMG-1622 (Large).jpg

IMG-1623 (Large).jpg

I have this panel, and I bought a connector that connects directly to the NX-8e panel (interlogix P-0003).  Then I have a serial cable that connects from there directly to the serial port on a controller.  I had to run through the setup steps in the driver documentation directly on the Interlogix panel to configure the NX-8e for automation integration modifying the locations and segments.  If you don't do this, the panel will not communicate no matter what you do to hook things up.

Here's what needs to be set depending on how you connect the panel:

image.thumb.png.ce11fa3cd2c5220c7c1700855802c2af.png

If you have no idea how to make any changes to the panel programming itself, there's many sites that have step-by-step instructions on how to modify, but you need to make sure to use the settings from the driver above, and just use the instructions to understand how to make the changes.  Here's an example of step-by-step on how to configure for use with Vera - note this is just the instructions on how to do it, you'll have to substitute the correct values from the table above - for example, the table above shows a baud rate of 9600.  The tutorial shows how to set it up for Vera, and sets it to 31600, which would be wrong for the Control4 driver:

https://community.getvera.com/t/nx-8e-panel-programming-details/174871

I am getting closer :)  

So now I have 7 ZONES, which are showing on devices that are not actually there.  I did see this in documentation

By default every potential zone exists in the system with a default setting even when they are not connected to an actual sensor. If the configuration of the panel is not modified to invalidate unused zones they will appear in the Control4 interface. In order to resolve this set each unused zone to type 0 for locations 25, 27, 29, 31, 33, 35, 170, 172, 174, 176, 178, 180, 182, 184, 186, 188, 190, 192, 194, 196, 198, 200, 202, & 204. 

I am not sure how to remove these zones.  Also I am not seeing these zones in HE.  Thoughts?

phone.jpg

panel.jpg

Zones.jpg

I am almost there!!! :)

Does anyone know how I do the following:

By default every potential zone exists in the system with a default setting even when they are not connected to an actual sensor. If the configuration of the panel is not modified to invalidate unused zones they will appear in the Control4 interface. In order to resolve this set each unused zone to type 0 for locations 25, 27, 29, 31, 33, 35, 170, 172, 174, 176, 178, 180, 182, 184, 186, 188, 190, 192, 194, 196, 198, 200, 202, & 204. 

I am confusing on how to do In order to resolve this set each unused zone to type 0 (is this done from composer?  from the keypad?

I have ZONE 121, 129,137,145,153,161,169 that are showing up in C4 but I am not using them so it will not let me arm/disarm cause it shows the zone as open

• 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.