C4 Forums | Control4

OS3 "Cannot Connect" app errors?

g8rfn2

3rd time today I have had to remove my system and re-add it to get the app to connect. Only thing that has changed is that my OS3 was auto-updated in the play store 21 hours ago. Coincidence?

Anyone else seeing this issue? I have rebooted my entire system multiple times with no luck. Seems to work for about an hour or 2 each time, then stops.

bdd8b1bcb3721e23db6dc9d8dace91fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3rd time today I have had to remove my system and re-add it to get the app to connect. Only thing that has changed is that my OS3 was auto-updated in the play store 21 hours ago. Coincidence?

Anyone else seeing this issue? I have rebooted my entire system multiple times with no luck. Seems to work for about an hour or 2 each time, then stops.

bdd8b1bcb3721e23db6dc9d8dace91fb.jpg

Yeah had the same issue all day.

I thought it was me (I had set my ea5 from static to dynamic and fixed it in my router) earlier in the morning.

Then I changed it back and low and behold it still happened.

I was going to call Control4 in the morning and find out what’s going on

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay I do too

403 is a http error somewhere something isn’t right from the client side (us) to the server side (Control4). It could be some sort of authentication, a certificate or someone got the http address wrong that the clients are supposed to point to...

I’m sure control4 will be able to shed some light on it when I call in the morning.

I’ll report back here with any updates

Thanks

M

I started to subscribe awhile ago - email I got when I woke up:

Token Authentication service upgrade

An update has been posted

After the rollback of the authentication token, we had to update some records in the database. Customers will need to re-login to their mobile applications. If customers are still experiencing issues connecting with their projects after around noon MST on Wednesday, we recommend a reboot of their controller to force a renew of their authentication token. If need be, we can force a reboot of controllers remotely. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your patience as we've worked to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Time posted

Apr 21, 01:47 MDT

6 minutes ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

Delete the app, Re download it and sign in to your system again.

That should work for you

Thanks

I tried that multiple times and that does not work. I rebooted the rack and unplugged the EA5 as well, and nothing works. I'm I the only one having this problem where the remote and the app does not work?

I tried that multiple times and that does not work. I rebooted the rack and unplugged the EA5 as well, and nothing works. I'm I the only one having this problem where the remote and the app does not work?

What error message are you getting?

Do you have any remotes or touch screens? Are they working?

Attached below is the latest update from Control4

You can also view this with the following link:

https://status.control4.com

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_2901.png

Okay the 403 error was persistent with what everyone else was having issues with. Ever since I deleted the app and re downloaded it’s been fine for me, and clients have also said they are able to get back into their systems.

In other words. Can you see you Control4 processor on your network?
What lights can you see on the front of the processor?

When you say it’s useless do you mean the app is? Or are you referring to Control4 / neeo remotes? What about in wall touch screens if you have any?

Sorry for the questions I’m just trying to understand where your problem is.

Thanks

M

I was getting it all day last 2 days... Finally stopped for me late this morning.

Control4 did a rollback of their auth token which fixed the issue. Most people had to log out or delete the app, re download and log back in to get it working again.

5 minutes ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

Okay the 403 error was persistent with what everyone else was having issues with. Ever since I deleted the app and re downloaded it’s been fine for me, and clients have also said they are able to get back into their systems.

In other words. Can you see you Control4 processor on your network?
What lights can you see on the front of the processor?

When you say it’s useless do you mean the app is? Or are you referring to Control4 / neeo remotes? What about in wall touch screens if you have any?

Sorry for the questions I’m just trying to understand where your problem is.

Thanks

M

The light on the EA5 is on, but the SR260 remotes and the apps do not work at all.  I do not have any in wall touch screens. How would I see the processor?

The light on the EA5 is on, but the SR260 remotes and the apps do not work at all.  I do not have any in wall touch screens. How would I see the processor?

Take a picture of the ea5. There are several lights on the front of the ea5

It sounds like your issue might be unrelated and related to the issue mentioned above. It could be something to do with the zigbee (how the sr260 communicates to the ea5) either get your dealer to have a look at it. Or I could try and see if I can log in if you PM me.

With the help of my dealer Epic Systems Tech F/K/A Strongman Security, we were able to figure out the problem. It was a hardware issue and not a software issue. One on my network switches went bad and was not working. Epic System Tech sent me a switch next day delivery, and I swapped it out, and Control4 is working now.

With the help of my dealer Epic Systems Tech F/K/A Strongman Security, we were able to figure out the problem. It was a hardware issue and not a software issue. One on my network switches went bad and was not working. Epic System Tech sent me a switch next day delivery, and I swapped it out, and Control4 is working now.

Glad you got it sorted

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.