C4 Forums | Control4

Speaker Points or Amp

HAS

Looking for some advice and experiance....

I have a new constuction install (about 6 months old now) that I installed a Cat6 network and there are 8 Ethernet Speaker Points on the same network. No problems NOW

The Client now wants an additional audio zone. I'm concerned about adding another Ethernet Speaker Point

Here's the questions:

1) Has anyone had more than 8 Speaker Points on a network? Any issues?

2) If I remove 4 Speaker Points from the system (in a rack in the Lower Level) and replace with a C4 Multi-Channel Amp, can I stream to multiple zones from the Cat5 input on the C4 Multi-Channel Amp.

3) or.... Will I need a Audio Matrix Switch? Can I stream to multiple zones from the Cat5 input on the C4 Audio Matrix Switch?

Thanks for your help!!!

Mark

Home Automation Solutions

You could go amp and one SP. to give you 9 zones, the amp wil work as a switch for its 8 inputs

Correct me if I'm wrong...

be a little less expensive, and if there is an area that doesn't have easy access to the amp that would be where to place the SP

The only problem with the Amp for 8 Zones and a Speaker Point for 1, is that the Speaker Point audio will be delayed about 3-5 sec from the Amp. This is because the Amp is analog audio in and out but the Speaker Point is getting a Digital Audio Signal In and needs to do a D/A conversion which takes about 3-5 seconds.

I hope this info is helpful,

Rob

The Media Controller is in a Home Theater upstairs and connected to a switch in the lower level via Cat6 + Analog Output 1 is connected to the Receiver in the Theater.

4 - Speaker Points in Utility Room in Basement Powering 4 Zones

4 - Speaker Points in other rooms in the home (1 at each TV) - As soon as the TV is turned on the Audio Plays over the Speakers in the Room - When Music starts playing off the controller, the music take over.

1 - Home Theater

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I would need to run analog outputs from the Media Controller to the Audio Matrix Switch then the Amp. Then I would be limited to 2 sessions (+ 1 in the Theater).

Currently, I can stream 9 sessions at once. Realisticly, I don't forsee this happening in the real world but....

At this point, I think adding another Speaker Point and indentifing the limitations to the Client may be the best course of action.:D

Archived